License for Continuum 11

Currently on a subscription plan originally for Continuum 10 and installed 11 assuming the subscription covers upgrades. It says I’m in trial mode and when I try to activate does not accept the original activation code. The original activation code starts with letters. It’s the letters that are rejected, seems to be looking for a code starting with numbers. My work is now obscured by the watermark which of course is a disaster! Help please. Thanks John I

Hi!

Thanks for reaching out about this issue but it’s really something that needs to go directly to our customer service or sales teams. Please contact support@borisfx.com and cc sales@borisfx.com and someone will assist you in resolving this in short order.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks, support were very fast in providing a new activation code. Great service. All working fine now. In this case it seems the upgrade could not work without intervention from support. Not very user friendly. Some published advice about upgrading on the website would be helpful to avoid the frustration. But once again great and speedy support. Thanks Peter and the team behind.