Light/Rays

Hello,

I restart several time my computer, but on all the project I try to plug the Rays node, my computer crash. Even the file Mastering-Silhouette-V7/02 Footage and Projects/05D Sky Replace - Lens Flare/05D Sky Replace Lens Flare.sfx/project.sfx, crash Silhouette when I try to open this file.

Can you tell me what to do to use the Rays node.

Silhouette 2021.5.7
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
RAM 256 Go
Windows 10 professionnal 64bits version 20H2 version 19042.928
Quadro P5000
screen definition 1920*1080 (HP Z22i)

Best regards,

Olivier G

Can you try disabling SMT (Simultaneous Multi-threading) in the BIOS of your AMD machine? We have a known issue with some of the OFX filters we use in Silhouette related to this Bios setting. Let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

Hello Marco,

I disable the SMT, but unfortunatly, it didn’t fix the issue. Do you have any other advice?

Best regards,

Olivier G

Can you update the driver on your graphics card from the manufacturer’s website and see if that solves the issue?

I update my graphics card desktop manager 201.66, version 462.31. I restart my computer, but unfortunatly it didn’t make the trick. Silhouette is still down.

Best regards,

Olivier G

Can you open the Silhouette > Preferences and change the GPU > Mode to CPU and then click Apply. Does this make a difference?

I follow your last instruction and I am so sorry Marco, but Silhouette crash few second after I plug something on the Rays node without showing me any image.

Best regards,

Olivier G

I suggest opening a support ticket at: Boris FX | Open a Case

Thanks Marco,

I follow your advice, do you know when I could expect to get a solution? Does the Rays node is the same that the one inside Sapphir?

Best regards,

Oliivier G

Rays is working fine on our machines and I am not sure what the issue is with your machine, so I can’t speculate on when you could expect a solution. Customer support will need to do a remote session on your machine to see if there is something obviously wrong. The Rays node in Silhouette is different from S_Rays in Sapphire.