Link Tracks to same surface

Hi there.

I have a difficult shot that I have tracked using 2 separate tracks. Each track is in it’s own project. 1-71 in the first project and 71-end in second project. I have exported tracking data to nuke ascii data for each. Problem is, each track has it’s own surface. When linking data to cornerPin in nuke, the points for each track are in different spots. I want them to line up at frame 71.

Is there a way to have different layers use the same surface?
Can you import layers from other projects?

Should I have just created the new layer in the same project and disabled the layer that I have finished tracking?

Thanks for any help/feedback.

J

Hi J,

Each layer has its own surface - this is fundamental to how our tracker works. So in this case, the best thing would have been to track the whole thing in one layer.

There are a couple of ways to solve your current situation:

1. In each project, select the layer and press “Align Surface”. In the first project, align on the last frame (71), in the second, align on the first frame (also 71). This will make sure your surface is aligned to the corners of the image in that frame. You can now load the data into Nuke, concatenate the effects in time, and you will have a result with no jumps. Add another CornerPin node in Nuke to offset from the corners of the image to the actual positions you need. I’m not a Nuke expert so you probably know better than me the exact steps to achieve this inside Nuke.

2. Manually line up the surface positions in both projects (hard unless they are aligned to high-contrast points in the image.

Importing layers from other projects is high on our list for mocha v3.

Hope this helps,

J-P

Hi J,
Each layer has its own surface - this is fundamental to how our tracker works. So in this case, the best thing would have been to track the whole thing in one layer.
There are a couple of ways to solve your current situation:

1. In each project, select the layer and press “Align Surface”. In the first project, align on the last frame (71), in the second, align on the first frame (also 71). This will make sure your surface is aligned to the corners of the image in that frame. You can now load the data into Nuke, concatenate the effects in time, and you will have a result with no jumps. Add another CornerPin node in Nuke to offset from the corners of the image to the actual positions you need. I’m not a Nuke expert so you probably know better than me the exact steps to achieve this inside Nuke.
  2. Manually line up the surface positions in both projects (hard unless they are aligned to high-contrast points in the image.
    Importing layers from other projects is high on our list for mocha v3.
    Hope this helps,
    J-P

Repositioning the shape is like changing the search area for the tracker. It does not change the track itself, it only changes the pixels that will be tracked next time you hit the track button. So if you have a difficult object where you need to track different areas through the shot, that’s no problem, just move the shape around to cover the area you need at that moment in time.

J-P

Repositioning the shape is like changing the search area for the tracker. It does not change the track itself, it only changes the pixels that will be tracked next time you hit the track button. So if you have a difficult object where you need to track different areas through the shot, that’s no problem, just move the shape around to cover the area you need at that moment in time.
J-P

We just posted a new tutorial which shows how you can change the shape around to include/remove different parts of the scene when tracking one layer. You might find this helpful for your shot.

http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/mocha/mochav2_artbeatsiceberg_tutorial.mov

J-P

We just posted a new tutorial which shows how you can change the shape around to include/remove different parts of the scene when tracking one layer. You might find this helpful for your shot.
http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/mocha/mochav2_artbeatsiceberg_tutorial.mov
J-P

Thanks again J-P!

Hi there.
I have a difficult shot that I have tracked using 2 separate tracks. Each track is in it’s own project. 1-71 in the first project and 71-end in second project. I have exported tracking data to nuke ascii data for each. Problem is, each track has it’s own surface. When linking data to cornerPin in nuke, the points for each track are in different spots. I want them to line up at frame 71.
Is there a way to have different layers use the same surface?
Can you import layers from other projects?
Should I have just created the new layer in the same project and disabled the layer that I have finished tracking?
Thanks for any help/feedback.
J

That helps a lot. Thanks!

If I reposition a layer shape does that throw off the rest of the track?

J

That helps a lot. Thanks!
If I reposition a layer shape does that throw off the rest of the track?
J

Thanks again J-P!