[Linux] [127.g9540376abd59] Mocha2020.5 OFX plugin crashes Nuke12.2v2

Hi!

We just upgraded to Mocha2020.5 and Nuke12.2v2 and when our artists launch the Mocha OFX plugin it crashes Nuke12.2v2. We are on Centos7

The following is the crash log:

QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread                                                                                                                                                                          
createMochaQApp(): created offscreen surface at QOffscreenSurface(0xaaa93b0)                                                                                                                                                                 
createMochaQApp(): created context at QOpenGLContext(0xaaa94f0, nativeHandle=QVariant(QGLXNativeContext, ), format=QSurfaceFormat(version 4.6, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(DeprecatedFunctions), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize 8, greenBufferSize 8, blueBufferSize 8, alphaBufferSize 0, stencilBufferSize 0, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::DefaultSwapBehavior, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::CompatibilityProfile), screen="DVI-D-0")
"[MediaIO] GStreamer was chosen in Mocha settings as the Video Files Engine but it is not supported. Some file formats will be unavailable."
/usr/local/Nuke12.2v2/Nuke12.2: symbol lookup error: /usr/OFX/Plugins/BorisFX/MochaPro2020.5/mochaPro7.ofx.bundle/Contents/Linux-x86-64/mochaPro7.ofx: undefined symbol: uuid_generate

I don’t know what uuid_generate is but I think this probably related more to Nuke12.2v2 than Mocha, however I would like to know if you have seen this before and could help us with a fix.

Thanks
-Alex

Title: [127.g9540376abd59] Mocha2020.5 OFX plugin crashes Nuke12.2v2

Version: Version 7.5.1 build 127.g9540376abd59

Platform: Using Centos7 Linux, appears to crash in both KDE and Gnome Desktop environments.

Description: We just upgraded to Mocha2020.5 and Nuke12.2v2 and when our artists launch the Mocha OFX plugin it crashes Nuke12.2v2. We are on Centos7

Steps to reproduce: Steps on how to reproduce the problem

Expected result: It launches Mocha and Nuke doesn’t crash

Actual Result: It doesn’t launch Mocha and Nuke crashes

Regression: Nuke didn’t crash on older versions of Nuke and Mocha

Additional data: Crash log

QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread                                                                                                                                                                          
createMochaQApp(): created offscreen surface at QOffscreenSurface(0xaaa93b0)                                                                                                                                                                 
createMochaQApp(): created context at QOpenGLContext(0xaaa94f0, nativeHandle=QVariant(QGLXNativeContext, ), format=QSurfaceFormat(version 4.6, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(DeprecatedFunctions), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize 8, greenBufferSize 8, blueBufferSize 8, alphaBufferSize 0, stencilBufferSize 0, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::DefaultSwapBehavior, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::CompatibilityProfile), screen="DVI-D-0")
"[MediaIO] GStreamer was chosen in Mocha settings as the Video Files Engine but it is not supported. Some file formats will be unavailable."
/usr/local/Nuke12.2v2/Nuke12.2: symbol lookup error: /usr/OFX/Plugins/BorisFX/MochaPro2020.5/mochaPro7.ofx.bundle/Contents/Linux-x86-64/mochaPro7.ofx: undefined symbol: uuid_generate

I am going to tag @martinb here, this looks like a bug or missing dependency.

Hey @maryp

I ran some more tests and it appears to be an issue with Nuke12.2v2 Nuke12.1v3 doesn’t have the issue.
So at this point, I am not sure if it’s Nuke’s bug with OFX support or if it’s something that can be added on your end.

Thanks!

I checked with support, it’s a known issue we will work to address. There is a workaround according to our notes: When running Nuke, use the LD_PRELOAD environment variable to add libuuid. For example:

1 LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libuuid.so.1 ./Nuke12.2

Maybe try that too and see if it works for you. If you need any more information, I’ll let Martin chime in. That’s the limit of what I know right now on this specific issue.

Awesome thanks, I’ll give that a try

@martinb same issue over here :frowning:

This issue will be addressed in the next patch update as soon as possible. Otherwise, please use the workaround @maryp posted above.

Amazing! Thank you!!