Linux version

I’m considering converting one of my machines to a free linux build. I didn’t even think you guys were offering a linux version, until I checked. Awesome.
I’m not planning on using Redhat, though. Which, if any, versions of linux could you point me to that might work with the 64 bit build?
T

This happens during rpm installation, right?
Can you please post the whole of the output from running:
sudo rpm -Uvh mocha-2.5.2-3520.x86_64.rpm
Given that you’re using ubuntu, are you actually using rpm to install, or are you using alien?
Thanks,
J-P

—Quote (Originally by tctdvm)—
Any way to get Animation compressed QT’s to work on that platform? or even better DNxHD?
—End Quote—
Sorry, neither of those is likely to happen due to the amount of development time that would be needed, not to mention licensing issues.
J-P

We support CentOS 5 and the packages will work on other related distributions, for example Fedora. We don’t support Ubuntu but the packages could probably be made to work.

What’s the error message you’re seeing?

got it working on Fedora, too cool!
first taste of linux for me.
Not sure why I didn’t get an email notification that you reponded, hmm
Any way to get Animation compressed QT’s to work on that platform? or even better DNxHD?
T

E: mocha: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
E: mochapro: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127

So I had to switch to Ubuntu (instead of Fedora) for other technical reasons.
I notice (i’m not real linux savvy) that there are install errors on both Mocha and Mocha Pro. Something is hanging out in the system that makes it think it didn’t finish properly and so it tries to finish every time I install something else. There is always a Mocha and Mocha Pro install error. the Apps work fine, but is there some way to clear out the error?
T

actually seems a little unstable on Ubuntu.
I’m back to working on Fedora for the time being, but haven’t really dug into Mocha yet.

no such file or directory.
yeah, I used Alien
T

working great on Fedora 14, btw