Locked-on stabilization effect

I am looking at this video on youtube, they use a plugin called ‘FCPX Stabilizer 2.0’

Is it possible to do the same ’ LOCKED-ON STABILIZATION EFFECT’ with Mocha Pro 2019 via after effects?

Anyone have any Tutorials how this can be done via M Pro 2019?

Thanks

James

Not only can you do it, it’s MEGA easy to do.

1. Draw a shape around your ear and get some of the side of the head in there for good measure as long as it’s the side of the head for extra texture.
  2. Track it forwards and backwards using translation, scale, rotation, shear, and perspective.
  3. Check the track.
  4. Go to the stabilize tab.
  5. Check the checkbox for Maximum Smoothing, decide what motion to you want to stabilize and check those boxes. Translation, scale, and rotation should do it, shear and perspective can sometimes make the shot look funky but that might be the “Stanley Kubrick” effect you are looking for. You can preview this all in the module.
  6. Save and close Mocha.
  7. In the plugin interface inside of AE, check the render button and select Stabilization from the dropdown menu.

It’s that easy. No tutorial necessary. But if you need a stabilization tutorial you can find one here: https://borisfx.com/videos/stabilize-difficult-shots-with-mocha-for-adobe-premiere-pro/

That’s in Premiere but it’s the exact same workflow in AE too. Please let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Mary