Long Renders

I have a really long shot at 1500 frames with a lot roto. I split it up into 2 groups that I can render different visible groups in different passes as a roto matte and the other group as a subtract matte that I can bring in to AE to reveal the original plate. Because it so heavy I have to render out the 2 mattes from mocha… Because of the amount of roto shapes when I copy and paste it as shapes in After Effects it crashes so I that is why I am rendering it out as mattes. It takes awhile and I was wondering if there was a faster way to get them out of mocha

I have a really long shot at 1500 frames with a lot roto. I split it up into 2 groups that I can render different visible groups in different passes as a roto matte and the other group as a subtract matte that I can bring in to AE to reveal the original plate. Because it so heavy I have to render out the 2 mattes from mocha… Because of the amount of roto shapes when I copy and paste it as shapes in After Effects it crashes so I that is why I am rendering it out as mattes. It takes awhile and I was wondering if there was a faster way to get them out of mocha

its both. When I use the shapes or paste mocha mask. It crashes at certain frames and the render is really long with the number of masks and keyframes so I just render out mattes to speed things up. This way it renders out faster in AE without crashing. I was just wondering if there was faster way to render out mattes from mocha since an image sequence layer renders out fast in the comp.

its both. When I use the shapes or paste mocha mask. It crashes at certain frames and the render is really long with the number of masks and keyframes so I just render out mattes to speed things up. This way it renders out faster in AE without crashing. I was just wondering if there was faster way to render out mattes from mocha since an image sequence layer renders out fast in the comp.

When you paste the shape data, are you using the shape effect or the “paste mocha mask” that generates AE splines?

When you paste the shape data, are you using the shape effect or the “paste mocha mask” that generates AE splines?

Is hardware rendering turned on in preferences? This will speed things up a bit as it will use the CPU to drive the matte rendering.

Is hardware rendering turned on in preferences? This will speed things up a bit as it will use the CPU to drive the matte rendering.