Hi. I’ve followed the various tutorials and walkthroughs regarding Manual Track for object occlusion but I’m having some difficulties replicating what happens in the videos. As I reposition the surface in manual track, it then misaligns/adjusts the surface in previous correctly tracked portion. I do not have the Uber key active - just normal auto keyframe.
My steps are:
- Auto track backwards for the simple portion with the surface correctly aligned.
- Position the timeline where the object obscures the screen.
- Switch to manual track, add keyframe.
- Scrub forward to where I can next see the screen.
- Reposition surface to screen corners.
- Track the rest of the shot.
At this point, if I scrub backwards, the adjustment I made to the surface to correctly manually align it has adjusted the auto track previous to this point, and my surface is no longer correctly aligned for the first portion of the clip.
What am I doing wrong? This isn’t the behaviour shown in Mary’s quick tip with the guy walking in front of the TV screen.