Really sorry, but this still isn't working for me I'm afraid. I've made a very simple 5s test clip in AE of a white square moving in perspective.
- I track the first 10 frames, all good.
- Switch to manual track. Move a frame forward, press +key and adjust the surface.
- I then move 15 frames forward in the timeline (still in Manual Track mode).
- I adjust the surface to the correct position. Press +key (I've tried clicking +key before & after, neither make a difference)
- I then scrub back, and the surface is out of alignment at the start.
Mocha definitely isn't registering the keyframes for manual track for some reason. Looking at the dope sheet, when I click +key as you suggested, it actually creates a keyframe for the spline control points, not the track parameters.
Also, as I've seen in your videos, when you adjust the surface in manual track mode, the X splines adjust accordingly. But when I do it, the X spline stays where it is, implying the track isn't being adjusted. It definitely looks like Mocha doesn't register the changes to the surface and insert a track keyframe when necessary, and the +key adds one to the spline shape rather than the track.
Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm convinced I'm doing exactly the same thing as in your quick tip video.