Masks not animating when imported to AE

I’m running into an issue when I try to bring animated masks from Mocha Pro into AE CS6. Here’s what I’ve done:
– Tracked the object (a hand over a screen that will be replaced) in Mocha Pro 3.1
– Linked a mask to that track to isolate the hand
– Animated, feathered and fine-tuned mask to isolate the hand
– Hit “Export Shape Data” , chosen “mocha shape date for AE”, for selected layer and copied to clipboard
– Gone into AE CS6 to “Paste Mocha Mask” into my clip at the matching starting frame
What happens is…
– Mask comes into clip just fine and the “Mask Path” stopwatch is ticked on, but NONE of the shape keyframes come in so it will animate as it does in Mocha. The mask shape doesn’t change at all throughout the clip.
– Same issue if I bring it in as a shape effect, except I get tons of keyframes in place for things like Translation, Scale, Rotation, Shear, etc. But all of the values in all of the keyframes are the same. And again the “Shape data” stopwatch is ticked, but that ends up with no keyframes in it.
Very weird and frustrating. Anyone else dealing with a similar issue?

I’m running into an issue when I try to bring animated masks from Mocha Pro into AE CS6. Here’s what I’ve done:
– Tracked the object (a hand over a screen that will be replaced) in Mocha Pro 3.1
– Linked a mask to that track to isolate the hand
– Animated, feathered and fine-tuned mask to isolate the hand
– Hit “Export Shape Data” , chosen “mocha shape date for AE”, for selected layer and copied to clipboard
– Gone into AE CS6 to “Paste Mocha Mask” into my clip at the matching starting frame
What happens is…
– Mask comes into clip just fine and the “Mask Path” stopwatch is ticked on, but NONE of the shape keyframes come in so it will animate as it does in Mocha. The mask shape doesn’t change at all throughout the clip.
– Same issue if I bring it in as a shape effect, except I get tons of keyframes in place for things like Translation, Scale, Rotation, Shear, etc. But all of the values in all of the keyframes are the same. And again the “Shape data” stopwatch is ticked, but that ends up with no keyframes in it.

Very weird and frustrating. Anyone else dealing with a similar issue?

Thanks, Martin. That seems to be the issue. The missing keyframes were there after all – just way down the timeline in my comp. I just grabbed them and slid them the appropriate time and that fixed it. Knowing this will save me a lot time and frustration in the future. Thanks, again!

Thanks, Martin. That seems to be the issue. The missing keyframes were there after all – just way down the timeline in my comp. I just grabbed them and slid them the appropriate time and that fixed it. Knowing this will save me a lot time and frustration in the future. Thanks, again!

—Quote (Originally by Hamish)—
—End Quote—
No problem. I highly recommend using Mathias M?hl’s mocha import script to help out with a variety of AE - mocha workflows:
http://www.mamoworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=72

—Quote (Originally by Hamish)—
—End Quote—
No problem. I highly recommend using Mathias M?hl’s mocha import script to help out with a variety of AE - mocha workflows:
http://www.mamoworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=72

Are there any in and out points in your layer? If so this post may help:
http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showthread.php?t=1837

Are there any in and out points in your layer? If so this post may help:
http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showthread.php?t=1837