Matte render problems

All:

I’m having a problem rendering my mattes in mocha v1. I’m working on a project with people moving, so I’ve broken the shot down into a number of mattes (head, left/right arm, upper torso, etc). When I play the project in mocha, everything is ok. Mattes are all overlapping correctly, some layers are deactivated then activating at the right time, etc.

Then I’ll render the project to an image sequence, making sure all my mattes are selected. When I check the images, two of the matte are always missing. One of them is visible for three frames are activation, then a little farther into the project the second matte starts, runs a few frames, then goes away.

I’ve checked and rechecked activation.

Any clue what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Norm

Hi Norm,

I’ve emailed you the correct links.

Hi Norm,
I’ve emailed you the correct links.

All:
I’m having a problem rendering my mattes in mocha v1. I’m working on a project with people moving, so I’ve broken the shot down into a number of mattes (head, left/right arm, upper torso, etc). When I play the project in mocha, everything is ok. Mattes are all overlapping correctly, some layers are deactivated then activating at the right time, etc.
Then I’ll render the project to an image sequence, making sure all my mattes are selected. When I check the images, two of the matte are always missing. One of them is visible for three frames are activation, then a little farther into the project the second matte starts, runs a few frames, then goes away.
I’ve checked and rechecked activation.
Any clue what the problem might be?
Thanks,
Norm

Hi Ross:

I’m using version 1.0.0 from August 2007.

Norm

Hi Ross:
I’m using version 1.0.0 from August 2007.
Norm

Ross:

I may have identified the problem. It appears the missing frames have points on the spline that were deactivated until it made sense to reactivate them. (e.g. points around clothing wrinkles, deactivated when shirt smooths out, reactivated when wrinkly again). If I activate those points, clear the cache, save the project, close and reopen the project, it seems to resolve the problem (at least for the three frames I just tested).

Another question … I’m sure there have been updates since my 1.0.0 version…where can I d/l the newest 1.0 version … got to save up for 2.0, but not there yet. 1.0 versions are not on the site. I believe a new 1.0 full version exports shape for AE, correct. Which mine does not.

Thanks,
Norm

Ross:
I may have identified the problem. It appears the missing frames have points on the spline that were deactivated until it made sense to reactivate them. (e.g. points around clothing wrinkles, deactivated when shirt smooths out, reactivated when wrinkly again). If I activate those points, clear the cache, save the project, close and reopen the project, it seems to resolve the problem (at least for the three frames I just tested).
Another question … I’m sure there have been updates since my 1.0.0 version…where can I d/l the newest 1.0 version … got to save up for 2.0, but not there yet. 1.0 versions are not on the site. I believe a new 1.0 full version exports shape for AE, correct. Which mine does not.
Thanks,
Norm

What specific version of mocha are you using? Which build?

-R

What specific version of mocha are you using? Which build?
-R