Missing removal tool

Hi,

sorry if this is a lame question, i’ve just started learning mocha.
So the problem is, that the remove option disappeared.
So now, on the bottom toolbar, there are only 3 tabs left: clip, track and adjustrack.

what am i missing here?

thanks,
j

It sounds like you are running mocha AE, not mocha Pro. Did you use “Track in mocha AE” to launch mocha?

Hi,

I have the same problem. What can I do?

I used ( Track in Mocha AE ) to lunch mocha

If you have Mocha Pro, go to the preferences and check the checkbox for “launch with track in mocha” and if you don’t have Mocha Pro, that’s why you only have three tabs. Can you let me know more about your issue if that doesn’t fix your problem?

Cheers,
Mary

Thanks alot for your reply.

I will try again but without using AE. I want to remove a white moving text from a black background loop video.

Do you have a tutorial that can guide me because I’m a beginger user of Mocha pro.
I’m using Mocha pro 3.2.1

If it’s only a black background with no texture, simply mask the text and fill that shape with black.

If it’s not just black, have you watched our remove module overview videos? They really help understand what Mocha needs for a solid remove. The best tutorials for remove are the following, we have a video series on the basics of the remove tool, part 1, 2, and 3 (the principles are the same regardless of if it is 2D or 360):

Check those out and see if they help you!

Cheers,
Mary

If you are a new user, why are you using such an old version? Do you have a paid license of Mocha Pro?

No , I don’t have. But I downloaded the last version 2019 and didn’t use it yet.

I think you are running Mocha AE instead of Mocha Pro.