Mocha 2.6 update bug?

I was reinstalling my Fedora OS and went to download 2.5 and noticed 2.6 was now available. I ended up back on my old Fedora install, and figured it would better/easier to use the auto update feature, but it just said I was up to date and there were no available updates. I’d rather use the auto feature, I think, then download and install… unless, of course, the new install will just write over the old…
T

I think there’s a bug with software update. It checks for available updates, then tells you about them next time you start mocha (this is how Apple tells developers to do it). If mocha tells you about an update, then you manually install it, it won’t reset the update information, which is stored in the preference file. This is why 2.6 is asking you to update to 2.5.2.
You can stop the notifications by editing your mocha preferences file and deleting all the entries that start “update”. I can’t post all the pref locations as I’m on my phone and don’t know them from memory, but you will find the mac ones in ~/Library/Preferences/com.imagineersystems.mocha 2.plist.
J-P

If you’re installing on two OSs with one license, that may be your issue. You might have to manually install 2.6.
Cheers,
Mary

Does it still say there are no updates available if you restart your machine? What version of mocha does it say you are running?
Cheers,
Mary

hmm. actually Mocha Pro mac keeps wanting me upgrade to 2.5.2, even though it downloads the same version every time.
T

yeah, I’ve restarted many times (for other reasons)
It’s running 2.5 under Fedora 14
The mac updated automatically to 2.6.

haven’t manually updated any of them yet… I don’t think…
Mocha 2.5.2 mac automatically updated to 2.6
Mocha Pro 2.5.2 mac thinks I need to upgrade to 2.5.2 (not running 2.6 yet) even after letting it go through the auto update process.
neither install of 2.5(.2?) on fedora think there’s an upgrade.
T