Mocha AE (CS6) Tracking Bug

When tracking an object in Mocha AE (CS6 Bundle) the CTI jumps one frame (forward or backwards depending on the direction of the track when you stop tracking. If you start tracking again, you end up with one frame that is not tracked properly. If you stop the tracker multiple times, you end up with several frames missed and can create stutters in the final product. Here is a video to illustrate the problem.

Mary,

I deleted the motemp files, but the same behavior exist. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to resolve the problem. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

• For the sample shot I was originally only tracking the tomato, but I made the search area large for the demo video to slow the tracker down. If I only track the tomato, it tracks so fast it’s hard to stop the track on a specific frame :slight_smile:

Mary,

Thank you for taking the time on this… I hope it’s not an intended behavior. I tried the version of Mocha AE that comes with CS5.5 and the behavior does not exist. The tracking stops on the correct frame in the CS5.5 version of Mocha AE. While it’s not a major problem to step forward or backwards one frame before you start tracking again, if a person isn’t aware of the problem it can effect the final tracking data… The “big” causes one frame jumps in tracking. The jumps can be large if the object is moving fast. If a person starts and stops a track several times it will create several tracking problems and making the tracking data severely flawed. Thank you for your time.

Mary,

I just wanted to drop in and see if you have been able to reproduce the problem on your end? Thank you for your time.

Any word on when an update will be available? Thanks.

Hi there,

We will see if we can repeat this behavior on our end. In the meantime, you may want to try purging your motemp files, you can find the file path to them in your preferences. Make sure mocha is closed before you delete them.

Also, when tracking countertops like that, avoid reflections, just as a general tracking tip.

I will see if we can repeat the frame stepping issue here.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

I will have to refer this to the dev and testing teams and see if we can reproduce it or if it is a bug or intended behavior. In the meantime, it should not significantly impede your workflow.

Cheers,
Mary

No problem, I understand. :slight_smile: And if it is in one version and not another, we will figure out why.

Cheers,
Mary

We have logged this issue, but we do not have an ETA for a fix.

Hi there,

We do not have an ETA for a fix, but I would suggest keeping an eye on our point releases and new versions and they’ll let you know. If you are not a member of our mailing list, consider joining it for the most up to date news. We are not big on spam, we send out updates for new versions of our software and for new tutorials.

Cheers,
Mary