Mocha AE now Ships with After Effects CS4 - look out!

Hi,

I have a problem with Mocha For After Effects. I have tracked an object and need to use the tracking data to place text on the object. I copy the data in Mocha and the paste it onto the text.psd in After Effects. The layer tracks well but the text is squashed. The text.psd document is the same size as the object.mov document. 1920-1080 Any help would be most welcome.

Many thanks,

Martyn Morris.

Hi,
I have a problem with Mocha For After Effects. I have tracked an object and need to use the tracking data to place text on the object. I copy the data in Mocha and the paste it onto the text.psd in After Effects. The layer tracks well but the text is squashed. The text.psd document is the same size as the object.mov document. 1920-1080 Any help would be most welcome.
Many thanks,
Martyn Morris.

Since I’ve been a beta tester for Adobe and a reviewer of the CS4 suite, I got my copy of the software before the general public and have been trying to work with it over the past 2-3 weeks. When people start receiving their ordered copies and can’t figure out what’s going wrong with their projects, THIS forum is going to go nuts I predict!

So I’ll start it off with a plea for some help/direction here…

When I got the press kit from Adobe’s marketing, I originally got a pre-made sample file from Adobe that had all the tracking data already completed as well as a completed After Effects project and it basically just back-tracked a completed workflow so you could “look at it” to see the steps, but not really work it per se.

I’ve since tried about 5 different footage files of all kinds to do both basic planar tracking per the example of the cell phone in the tutorial that ships with the product, as well as some other straight tracking samples and I can’t seem to get ANY of them to work right, no matter how many times I’ve gone back to follow the step-by-step instructions!

If any of the customer service reps or software engineers visit these forums, it would be great to get a little help here if I can. I’m currently writing reviews & articles, a book and recording training videos, and all rely on a solid workflow that I can prove how this works!

Many thanks in advance…

Jeff Foster
http://AfterEffectsandPhotoshop.com