Mocha AE plugin runs very slow after launching

Hello,

When I launch Mocha AE, all my button presses are delayed by about 10 to 20 seconds. This happens about 80% of the time after launching Mocha from AE. It usually requires relaunching After Effects or a full PC restart to get Mocha to work properly again. Sometimes it crashes After Effects after I manage to close Mocha (the close button hangs as well). I’ve tried many different kinds of codecs from the original XAVC straight from the camera, to converted and downsized H.264s, to Jpeg image sequences but the problem still occurs. I have also tried disabling GPU acceleration in Mocha which had no effect.

This issue occurs on both of my PCs, but my main workstation specs are below:
CPU: Intel Xeon Silver 4208
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
RAM: 64 GB DDR4
Storage: Two 1 TB SSD

Mocha is very important for my workflow, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hey @ronzani can you post a screengrab of your GPU preferences in Mocha, please?
Can you also tell me what NVidia driver you’re currently using?

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply!

Here is my driver info:

Quadro Desktop/Quadro Notebook Driver Release 455
Version: 457.09 Release date: 10/29/2020

And I’ve attached a screenshot of my GPU settings.

Hey there! I just wanted to give an update for anyone else who has this issue. At first, I thought disabling GPU processing didn’t solve the problem because I still encountered the issue twice after restarting AE. However, the issue is far less frequent than it was before. I tried launching Mocha over and over again and the problem seems to occur about 1/5th of the time now, which is a huge improvement. I wish I could get rid of the problem completely, but at least I can work with this for now.