Mocha Avid Plug-in licensing issue

Boris FX I absolutely love your products but your tech support has to be of one of the lowest standards I’ve ever encountered.

I’ve got a a support case which has been ongoing for over 2 and a half weeks now (00199825) as I’m having a licensing issue with my Avid Mocha pro plug-in. I recently purchased the BCC, Sapphire and Mocha bundle for Avid however my Mocha license has stopped working. I’m working in a time critical project and I need to get this working ASAP.

Can you please get in touch as I am requesting someone else manages my support case. Also…no one is picking up the phone at your office…

Hi Andrew,

I’m sorry to learn of this experience and understand how frustrating it must be for you, especially when on a tight deadline.

Have you tried to log into your account on our website and resetting your mocha license to see if that helps resolve the issue? Meanwhile, I’ll forward this forum posting directly onto our support team to see if that can help expedite the process of recovering your license for Mocha.

Thanks for your patience.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Yes, I have tried that. I’ve been provided with a new key today and that doesn’t seem to be working on either my main system or even my laptop which is odd. Whats strange is that Continuum and Sapphire are working, just not Mocha. I’ve tried rolling back a version and no luck there either.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for trying the license reset and for trying to get the new license code to work. I wonder if the Mocha key is being set for a different version than the one that you have installed?

I’ve forwarded your post onto the Director of Support in the hope that he might be able to help solve this riddle.

Thanks,
Peter.

Thanks Peter.

I did try rolling back to the 2021 version a couple of times and still no luck. Perhaps it is valid for a version even older than this? I’m unsure.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Hey Andrew,

The Product Manager for Mocha, Martin Brennand, will reach out to you directly to assist with getting you up and running.

Apologies abound for any inconvenience this license issue is causing you.

Thanks,
Peter.

Peter, I really appreciate your diligence with this. Thank you!

Hi Andrew, I’ll email you from the current case to catch up with what is going on.

Thanks so much for sorting this so quickly Martin. It’s extremely appreciated!

1 Like

Hi, I’m having exactly the same issue. I bought the Continuum/Mocha bundle and I have the exact same thing with my Mocha license. Continuum is fine. I am on a very tight deadline, did you manage to fix this issue and if so, how?
Andi

Can you try activating this from the Boris FX Application Manager and not from Mocha? We have been seeing some errors in Avid and this is a pretty reliable workaround.

Exactly what Mary suggested. Rather than activating within the application, we used the application manager and it worked.

Looks like the solution here was there were old licenses in the licensing folder that conflicted, we deactivated, then deleted those old licenses, and reactivated via the Application Manager and that fixed the issue.

1 Like