Mocha camera solve

Hello, I have some problems here about Camera Solve.
3 days ago I tried for the first time Mocha, I made exactly how the tutorials says because I wanted to track some 3d models in real life.
All wents good.
Then, I tried with a diffrent footage, a interior footage of my desktop, recording my desk and then I imported it on Mocha, i made the “Track” and all stuff then I went to CAMERA SOLVE to export it to C4D.
I set on 3D MOTION CAMERA : AUTO and the process went well till the percentage of 28 %, then the process starts going very very SLOW, around 1 % at 3 minutes, then when it’s around 35-40 % it gave me an error.
Then, I TRIED TO SET TO PAN,TILT AND ZOOM.
Image: http://i.imgur.com/4WeI8.png
After a two days of trying and trying, I moved back to the OLD footage that I had succes to try again and I was surprised that even the old footage recorded outside didn’t work and gave me the same error.
My first Motion Tracking program was Boujou, and all my videos (footage) was made OUTSIDE and all was Camera Solved well, but everytime when I try to Track and C.Solve something recoreded Inside of house it’s gets horrible.
I mean i don’t record with a old weak camera, I’m filming with a FullHD samsung…:frowning:
Waiting help, thanks.

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Hi there,
If the shot is handheld, you will have parralax in the shot that isn’t there in a pan/tilt/zoom shot. So you can’t solve with only one plane, you must use two different non-co-planar planes in order to get the solve.
That is why you are getting that error.
Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
And what means that?
non-co-planar ?
Thanks…

Hello, I have some problems here about Camera Solve.

3 days ago I tried for the first time Mocha, I made exactly how the tutorials says because I wanted to track some 3d models in real life.

All wents good.

Then, I tried with a diffrent footage, a interior footage of my desktop, recording my desk and then I imported it on Mocha, i made the “Track” and all stuff then I went to CAMERA SOLVE to export it to C4D.

I set on 3D MOTION CAMERA : AUTO and the process went well till the percentage of 28 %, then the process starts going very very SLOW, around 1 % at 3 minutes, then when it’s around 35-40 % it gave me an error.

Then, I TRIED TO SET TO PAN,TILT AND ZOOM.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/4WeI8.png

After a two days of trying and trying, I moved back to the OLD footage that I had succes to try again and I was surprised that even the old footage recorded outside didn’t work and gave me the same error.

My first Motion Tracking program was Boujou, and all my videos (footage) was made OUTSIDE and all was Camera Solved well, but everytime when I try to Track and C.Solve something recoreded Inside of house it’s gets horrible.

I mean i don’t record with a old weak camera, I’m filming with a FullHD samsung…:frowning:

Waiting help, thanks.

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Hi there,

If the shot is handheld, you will have parralax in the shot that isn’t there in a pan/tilt/zoom shot. So you can’t solve with only one plane, you must use two different non-co-planar planes in order to get the solve.

Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
And what means that?

non-co-planar ?

Thanks…

Hi there,

Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,
Cheers,
Mary

Non-co-planar… so you could not use a picture on the wall and the wall, those are both co-planar, but you could use the wall and the floor, or a table top and a back wall. Trackable areas that are not on the same plane in the shot.
Do you see what I mean?

Non-co-planar… so you could not use a picture on the wall and the wall, those are both co-planar, but you could use the wall and the floor, or a table top and a back wall. Trackable areas that are not on the same plane in the shot.

Do you see what I mean?