Mocha creating own in points when creating new splines

Hello. I’ve run into something I’ve never seen before and I need a little help. I’ve got a project and I’ve been tracking my screens just fine. But then on my last screen to track, Mocha won’t allow me to track from the first frame. It allows me to create the spline, but I can’t see it until I pull my timecode marker past the in point that it’s creating when I start making my spline. Right now it’s not allowing me to track the first frame or the second. Then it’s fine. When I pull the in point back or try to change my in point in layer properties, the computer craps out. I can probably get by without tracking the first two frames, but this is annoying and I would really like to get down to the bottom of it. Thanks so much for your replies in advanced!

Jonathan :slight_smile:

Hi Mary! Thank you so much for your reply. I was using the ProResHQ codec with the track I was having problems with. Since then I’ve been using DPX sequences and I have not had any issues. :slight_smile: Thank you!

Hi Jonathan,

It sounds like a codec issue, because it’s not displaying properly. Can you try it with an image sequence and see if you get the same results?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Jonathan,

Glad to help. We have noticed some performance inconsistencies with Prores and various operating systems, thanks for letting us know.

Cheers!
Mary