Mocha>fbx>3ds Max problem

First off, let me say that I have been using mocha/AE combo since cs4, and I’m totally flabbergasted. Mocha is the single best thing to happen to vfx worlds since digital sliced bread, or something like that.
Me being primarily a 3d guy, and mocha v3 introducing 3d camera solve, naturally I had to try it.
So, I tracked 3 planes- 2 walls and a ground on a fairly simple footage- for mocha. I got 3 good tracks, and then I solved the camera with all 3 layers selected. I got 92% on the solve and I exported the results as vanilla fbx. Imported that in 3ds Max 2013 and instead of 200+ frame animation I tracked, I got 6 frame camera move. Very fast and jerky camera movement, very unintuitive and completely unrelated to the scene I just tracked- or so it appeared inside 3ds Max 2013.
My question therefore is- what do I need to do to get usable data from mocha inside 3ds Max? I heard presenters in various videos mention 3ds Max as a usable platform to work with mocha, so I assume it is possible.
Help much appreciated.

First off, let me say that I have been using mocha/AE combo since cs4, and I’m totally flabbergasted. Mocha is the single best thing to happen to vfx worlds since digital sliced bread, or something like that.

Me being primarily a 3d guy, and mocha v3 introducing 3d camera solve, naturally I had to try it.

So, I tracked 3 planes- 2 walls and a ground on a fairly simple footage- for mocha. I got 3 good tracks, and then I solved the camera with all 3 layers selected. I got 92% on the solve and I exported the results as vanilla fbx. Imported that in 3ds Max 2013 and instead of 200+ frame animation I tracked, I got 6 frame camera move. Very fast and jerky camera movement, very unintuitive and completely unrelated to the scene I just tracked- or so it appeared inside 3ds Max 2013.

My question therefore is- what do I need to do to get usable data from mocha inside 3ds Max? I heard presenters in various videos mention 3ds Max as a usable platform to work with mocha, so I assume it is possible.

Help much appreciated.

—Quote (Originally by eodeo)—
Help much appreciated.
—End Quote—
The main issue with 3ds Max interpreting exports will be that the Z-axis points up instead of back, so the FBX data will need to be rotated accordingly, however what you are getting obviously sounds very wrong!
Do you know which versions of FBX 3ds Max supports?
If you send the project file and the fbx data to martinb[at]imagineersystems.com and I can take a look.

—Quote (Originally by eodeo)—

Help much appreciated.
—End Quote—
The main issue with 3ds Max interpreting exports will be that the Z-axis points up instead of back, so the FBX data will need to be rotated accordingly, however what you are getting obviously sounds very wrong!

Do you know which versions of FBX 3ds Max supports?

If you send the project file and the fbx data to martinb[at]imagineersystems.com and I can take a look.