Mocha for AE 2.0 and CS4

Does the version of Mocha that comes with CS5 work with CS4? I can get everything to cut and paste into CS5, but in CS4 tracks only work with MochaImport and shapes won’t cut and paste at all. I’ve tried restarting the machine in case it was Win7 issues (as suggested in the forums), but no such luck. I’ve even tried copying the plug-ins from the CS5 folder to the CS4 folder (which the pdf’s in that folder say they work with CS3, CS4, and CS5), and that hasn’t worked either.
Is this even possible, or am I beating my head against a wall?
thanks for any help or direction, I appreciate it!

Hi pryzm,
The version of mocha for After Effects that comes with CS5 has many differences to the one that comes with CS4, and is designed to only work with CS5. Tracking data might work but shapes definitely will not, because these are implemented using plug-ins. These plug-ins will not work in CS4 because they are 64-bit only.
If you need a more modern version of mocha to work with CS4, we sell mocha AE 2.5, which includes the mocha shape plug-in for CS4. However, the “Paste mocha mask” feature is only available in CS5, we don’t sell that separately.
Best regards,
J-P

Hi pryzm,

The version of mocha for After Effects that comes with CS5 has many differences to the one that comes with CS4, and is designed to only work with CS5. Tracking data might work but shapes definitely will not, because these are implemented using plug-ins. These plug-ins will not work in CS4 because they are 64-bit only.

If you need a more modern version of mocha to work with CS4, we sell mocha AE 2.5, which includes the mocha shape plug-in for CS4. However, the “Paste mocha mask” feature is only available in CS5, we don’t sell that separately.

Best regards,

J-P

Thanks J-P, I appreciate the response, especially on a weekend!

The FAQ-upgrades says that “CS4/CS5 ships free with mocha for After Effects and includes a free mocha shape plug in” but if I understand you correctly the only way to get shapes from mocha CS5 into AE CS4 at this point is to buy mocha AE v2.5 or better?

I would love the “Paste mocha mask” feature in CS4, but at this point if I can get the shapes in that would work too.

thanks!

Does the version of Mocha that comes with CS5 work with CS4? I can get everything to cut and paste into CS5, but in CS4 tracks only work with MochaImport and shapes won’t cut and paste at all. I’ve tried restarting the machine in case it was Win7 issues (as suggested in the forums), but no such luck. I’ve even tried copying the plug-ins from the CS5 folder to the CS4 folder (which the pdf’s in that folder say they work with CS3, CS4, and CS5), and that hasn’t worked either.

Is this even possible, or am I beating my head against a wall?

thanks for any help or direction, I appreciate it!

Thanks J-P, I appreciate the response, especially on a weekend!
The FAQ-upgrades says that “CS4/CS5 ships free with mocha for After Effects and includes a free mocha shape plug in” but if I understand you correctly the only way to get shapes from mocha CS5 into AE CS4 at this point is to buy mocha AE v2.5 or better?
I would love the “Paste mocha mask” feature in CS4, but at this point if I can get the shapes in that would work too.
thanks!