Mocha in AE

… so, according to Adobe’s site… Mocha tracking is a new feature for CS4 AE… but, I be darn if I can find it so that I can install Mocha…
What am I missing? Mocha is not on any installation disk for CS4 Prod. Prem. nor is it listed as an optional installation choice.
Oh and get this… on 4 seperate occasion I have called Adobe “technical support” and talked to 6 different outsourced employees/talking heads and not ONE even knew what Mocha was… heck, I had to show THEM on Adobe’s own site that MOCHA existed as a software and feature of CS4 for AE.
Anyone know how to install MOCHA from CS4 AE?
Joe

… so, according to Adobe’s site… Mocha tracking is a new feature for CS4 AE… but, I be darn if I can find it so that I can install Mocha…

What am I missing? Mocha is not on any installation disk for CS4 Prod. Prem. nor is it listed as an optional installation choice.

Oh and get this… on 4 seperate occasion I have called Adobe “technical support” and talked to 6 different outsourced employees/talking heads and not ONE even knew what Mocha was… heck, I had to show THEM on Adobe’s own site that MOCHA existed as a software and feature of CS4 for AE.

Anyone know how to install MOCHA from CS4 AE?

Joe

Well, I figured it out…
I am on a Windows XP systerm… but, the problem seem to be that during the install (some time ago) Adobe did not install a shortcut for Mocha… the program was installed, but no shortcut. Plus, I was looking for Mocha as a plug-in rather than it’s own folder. This added to my confusion.
At any rate, I got it going and … now that I used it in conjunction with AE… I found out you are right… there is no saving of steps/time. Also, the AE version doesn’t seem to work with certain HD file formats.
Lessons learned… 1) how to get Mocha to work in AE. Plus, avoid the time wasting Adobe “support” if possible.
Thanks… Joe

Well, I figured it out…

I am on a Windows XP systerm… but, the problem seem to be that during the install (some time ago) Adobe did not install a shortcut for Mocha… the program was installed, but no shortcut. Plus, I was looking for Mocha as a plug-in rather than it’s own folder. This added to my confusion.

At any rate, I got it going and … now that I used it in conjunction with AE… I found out you are right… there is no saving of steps/time. Also, the AE version doesn’t seem to work with certain HD file formats.

Lessons learned… 1) how to get Mocha to work in AE. Plus, avoid the time wasting Adobe “support” if possible.

Thanks… Joe

Hi Joe,
Mocha should just install along with AE when you install the rest of the suite. You don’t need to check a box.
What system are you on?
—Quote—
BTW, I use Mocha stand alone but only recently decide to use MOCHA with AE to save a little time in my work process…
—End Quote—
If you are using the full version of mocha then there is no need to use mocha for After Effects, as you are not really saving any steps. You will still have to track and export from mocha and paste to AE.

Hi Joe,

Mocha should just install along with AE when you install the rest of the suite. You don’t need to check a box.

What system are you on?

—Quote—
BTW, I use Mocha stand alone but only recently decide to use MOCHA with AE to save a little time in my work process…
—End Quote—
If you are using the full version of mocha then there is no need to use mocha for After Effects, as you are not really saving any steps. You will still have to track and export from mocha and paste to AE.