Mocha in after effects cs5

Hi all firstly let me congratulate everyone on a fantastic product have been using it a little while now but on cs4 with windows xp with no probs at all and have had some time saving great results …

i have a problem with mocha v2 cs5 i am trying to import some .avi footage into mocha v2 but i keep getting a error telling me “failed to open the movie file:check that the file is readable,” is there a solution to this ???or can i not use avi files and need to convert them ?

system spec:::

quad core 2.4ghz
4 gig ram
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
9600gt 512r

yea i can play it in premiere pro and aftereffects with no problems but mocha just wont read it very weird can i buy a codec package or d/load one from somewhere ?

yes i have quicktime installed :slight_smile: that info i just posted was from quicktime is it a codec problem i have ? many thanks for your help

Hi all firstly let me congratulate everyone on a fantastic product have been using it a little while now but on cs4 with windows xp with no probs at all and have had some time saving great results …
i have a problem with mocha v2 cs5 i am trying to import some .avi footage into mocha v2 but i keep getting a error telling me “failed to open the movie file:check that the file is readable,” is there a solution to this ???or can i not use avi files and need to convert them ?
system spec:::
quad core 2.4ghz
4 gig ram
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
9600gt 512r

hmmm i played the video file in windows media player right clicked it then properties but audio and video codec are empty :frowning: i have only been running windows 7 for a few days so maybe i ned some codecs do you think this is the problem ?

how do i find that out ?

how do i find that out ?

hmmm i played the video file in windows media player right clicked it then properties but audio and video codec are empty :frowning: i have only been running windows 7 for a few days so maybe i ned some codecs do you think this is the problem ?

done what youe sugested i have no codec info just format DV-PAL.768x568x576,millions 16-bit integer(little Endian) stereo 32,000

done what youe sugested i have no codec info just format DV-PAL.768x568x576,millions 16-bit integer(little Endian) stereo 32,000

yes i have quicktime installed :slight_smile: that info i just posted was from quicktime is it a codec problem i have ? many thanks for your help

yea i can play it in premiere pro and aftereffects with no problems but mocha just wont read it very weird can i buy a codec package or d/load one from somewhere ?

yea im just not too keep on converting i like to pretty much keep in either .mov or avi i have a sony hvrz1 when i capture the footage can i choose to capture .mov i will send you a small clip in a second many thanks again :slight_smile:

yea im just not too keep on converting i like to pretty much keep in either .mov or avi i have a sony hvrz1 when i capture the footage can i choose to capture .mov i will send you a small clip in a second many thanks again :slight_smile:

hi martin think the file is gonna be too big to email its 49meg 2secs worth loli have to go work in 1/2hr so would it be ok if i try and get it smaller tomor morning ? hope this is ok thanks again have a great day :slight_smile:

hi martin think the file is gonna be too big to email its 49meg 2secs worth loli have to go work in 1/2hr so would it be ok if i try and get it smaller tomor morning ? hope this is ok thanks again have a great day :slight_smile:

just quickly tried to open a .mov file in mocha aswell and i got the same unable to read error message :frowning: gotta be a windows 7 thing lol :frowning:

just quickly tried to open a .mov file in mocha aswell and i got the same unable to read error message :frowning: gotta be a windows 7 thing lol :frowning:

Hi dogz,

What is the codec of the avi file?

Cheers,

Hi dogz,
What is the codec of the avi file?
Cheers,