Mocha no longer runs!

While using Mocha today, I hit Alt-F4, which abruptly closed the window (don’t ask). Now every time I try to run Mocha I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error. It references mocha.exe and says "this application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the applications’s support team for more information.

Could this be tied to the alt-f4 incident? Maybe some caches or temp files I can find that need to be cleaned up? I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled several times (even redownloaded) without any change. This is Windows XP Professional SP2.

Any help for this one?

Adam

That fixed it. Thanks!

On a side note, I tried to run Mocha while logged in from another location with remote desktop and it gives me the error “Failed to verify license. FLEXlm Error
Code: -103.” I don’t know if you’re supposed to be able to run it that way, just thought it was interesting.

Adam

—Quote (Originally by adamwh)—
That fixed it. Thanks!

On a side note, I tried to run Mocha while logged in from another location with remote desktop and it gives me the error “Failed to verify license. FLEXlm Error
Code: -103.” I don’t know if you’re supposed to be able to run it that way, just thought it was interesting.

Adam
—End Quote—

You don’t have a license that allows remote terminal services. Its a feature you need to request when purchasing a license.

Glad to see Mocha is working again

I have been able to duplicate this issue in test; actually its not that easy to do but I will attempt to explain.

Yes Alt-F4 is the Windows command for closing an active Window. Were you in a project at the time (I assuming you were) if so it looks as though some settings were being written to registry that may have corrupted the reg entry for Mocha. (These settings detail your current project, location of certain files etc.) When you closed the app; that looks to have corrupted the entry. I am still looking at this but the solution is below

To alleviate this issue you will need to remove your mocha settings for your registry in the HKey_Current_User/Imagineer Systems/Mocha V1

Remove this entry and re-running the application will recreate the correct reg entries which will solve the issue.

I must strongly advise that if you don’t know about normal backing up procedures for the registry, and how to recover a mistake in the registry, that you allow an I.T staff member to carry this out.

I will also upload a .reg file that you can merge into the registry that will also solve this problem. But again back up procedure should be observed.