Mocha not importing videos anymore

Mocha all of a sudden is not importing video clips anymore that it could before. 12 days ago is the last time I used it. The exact same clip it could open before it now can’t. It says it’s corrupt or unsupported format. This is not true.
What could’ve possibly changed? The only difference is I’m using full disk encryption now. But according to the file date of the .mocha project file, it was done a day after the full disk encryption so maybe this isn’t the culprit.

Never mind, the problem was Quicktime which was corrupted after a failed update.

Thanks for updating the question with the discovered solution! Glad you’re running again.

Same problem again but can’t fix Quicktime this time. I tried installing 7.3 and 7.7.9 and mocha is still not importing videos. What should I do?

You need to make sure that you have installed the codecs for those videos on your machine as well. You can do a Google search for the specific problem codec and then install those packages.

A codec is the type of compression, the quick time wrapper is just how the file is encapsulated. They’re different and you have to support both.

That’s the only thing I can think of. Or alternatively you are not using a file type that Mocha supports.

MaryP I remember you, glad you are still here.

The codecs are installed, it’s a mocha-only problem, but I just realized I am using the same version I did 6 years ago, I should’ve updated before posting.

Ah, ok, I assume you are all set now?