Mocha Pro 2019.5 host support for Blackmagic’s DaVinci Resolve

I saw the announcement of Mocha Pro 2019.5 host support for Blackmagic’s DaVinci Resolve. I’m running Davinci Resolve on Linux and mainly work with ProRes 4444 files. Will I be able to use Mocha OFX with ProRes 4444 clips? Using Mocha Pro standalone I can’t open ProRes 4444 clips. I have to first export to DPX or other supported image sequence which is a major obstacle.

All Mocha plugins read image data from the host, rather than disk. This means the codec is irrelevant and you should have no problem when the new version of Mocha is released.

However if you need to import additional media inside the Mocha GUI directly from the disk, then the same exclusion will apply. This is usually only necessary if you are importing generated matte clips or multiple insert files.

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed: What !!!

Excuse me but where can I read this article/announcement ?

I’m a hardcore Mocha user and I’ve switched all my edit jobs from FCP7 to Resolve (around 4 years now). Since my projects are mainly done on Resolve, Fusion, Mocha and a bit of Apple Motion, I’d be highly interested in this as you can imagine…

We’ll have a beta of Mocha Pro 2019.5 available soon.

The announcement was here:
https://borisfx.com/press-releases/boris-fx-unveils-major-updates-to-2019-editing-and-vfx-plug-ins-at-nab/

Waw, thx a lot Martin.
I hope you don’t have to many problems to access the engine or Resolve GUI, but anyway, this is an amazing piece of news !
Thx again