Mocha Pro 2019, single license and two activations

With Mocha Pro 5 I can have my single license activated on two computers (work + home) at once. Is this possible with Mocha Pro 2019 without having to deactivate+reactivate license when moving between computers?

You must deactivate and reactivate to use the licenses on those machines at the “same time” because of changed we have made to our licensing system, but it should take only a few clicks and a few seconds to do so.

Cheers,
Mary

That is a bummer, at least for me. I won’t remember to do that each time I travel. Boris FX should look into implementing online license handling like e.g. FXHome has. There I can login to my account from any computer at any time and deactivate licenses.

Should I contact Sales to get a refund?

You can, but then it won’t work on any of your machines, which is also a bummer. :wink:

But you may contact sales here if that is a dealbreaker for you, or you can talk to them about bundling a two pack for you: https://borisfx.com/store/contact-us/

Cheers,
Mary

I Have an OFX Licence For Both Mocha Pro 5 and Mocha VR Separate . When I requested Serial Number for Mocha Mocha 2019 I only got serial number for Mocha Pro Upgrade Mike M, From Sales Told Me What Serial
Numbers Qualify for Free Upgrade. From what he Sent Both the Mocha Pro and Mocha VR Qualify for free upgrade but I only got serial for Mocha Pro 5 upgrade.

Please continue to work that out with Mike then, he can help you work that out.

I am unable to reach him.

Send me an email please and I will connect you. Mary P at Boris FX dot com.

what is your email ?

Mary P at Boris FX dot com

Just Sent it to you :slight_smile:

I can understand why you would limit to one machine at a time. And I do know that I can disconnect on one machine and connect on the other. However, could you create a mechanism in the license window whereby on my machine that is not currently active I could sign in and deactivate on the other machine in order to activate on current machine?

That way when I am working on my laptop (away from the desk machine) I can change my currently active machine. If I am on the road with the laptop I sometimes need Mocha but had not remembered to deactivate the machine at home first.

We have a Boris FX license manager we are working on that will be released soon that should do just that, allow you to manage your licenses across machines, including Mocha. We appreciate the feedback, and understand the frustration. if you are stuck on the road, you can call Boris FX support to release a forgotten license at 1-888-77-BORIS, Business Hours are 9am – 6pm Eastern Standard Time (M-F).

Well, that ought to do exactly what I need.

Thanks for the response.

That Would Be Very Use full in dead.
Izotope and And Other Manufactures Like AVID (Protools) Use ILOK for their products.
I Do not know if it would be worth it but the Ilok device would help with moving the licence from one machine to a nother I know you work with AVID . Ilok has a realy good license managed as well dongle for licenses .
Izotope Activated well with the ILOK dongle .Alok is for windows and Appple as well.

Just as information for others. In case you RMA your purchase like I did, be prepared for an insanely long wait. I did the request in October and the ticket got taken care just a few days ago after a two month wait. To be honest, I thought they had ignored it all together just so the two week RMA window would pass.

Now for a bit of the positive news. After shadow licenses were no longer allowed(the reason for cancelling my purchase) they have now fixed it with the release of a license manager software that allows you to deativate licenses from other computers. Still dont understand though why this can’t be handled via the website like FXHome does it.

Just as information for others. In case you RMA your purchase like I did, be prepared for an insanely long wait. I did the request in October and the ticket got taken care just a few days ago after a two month wait. To be honest, I thought they had ignored it all together just so the two week RMA window would pass.

That’s a very nonstandard amount of time to wait, if you find you’re waiting more than a few business days for anything from our support team, give us a call. Sometimes technology fails and cases fall through the cracks. It is not intentional. If you’re ever made to wait again, please call instead of waiting to hear back for more than a few days.

Cheers,
Mary