Mocha Pro 2019 Update error

I just opened Mocha Pro for the first time in a while and it says there’s an update available. When I click the Update button I get a Runtime Error. When I click past that continues the update but then gives another error and says no changes were made.
mocha_error**

Edit: I got it to update but this Runtime Error appears every time I launch Mocha.

Hi there,

Did you make sure you had closed Mocha before you installed? You might consider just updating manually by downloading the installer from our website: https://borisfx.com/downloads/?

Please let me know if you continue to have trouble and I will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Mary

I just had the updater in the program I think. I’ll try to download it manually and reinstall. It seems to be working fine, I just get an error every time I open it. Thanks Mary.

Hi Phil,

I recently ran into this problem on a machine here and investigated it this morning. On our machine the problem was caused by driver software for the Intel Management Engine, which puts a DLL into the system path that it shouldn’t do. As I wasn’t using the management engine, I uninstalled the software and the problem in Mocha went away.

Reading around the issue, this could be a problem for any software that includes a Python interpreter.

(Technical info here: Stack Overflow: Runtime error R6034 in embedded Python application)

When I tried to reproduce the problem again by reinstalling the management engine driver from the website of the motherboard manufacturer, it no longer installed that problematic file. So my guess is they have released a newer version which solves the problem.

I suggest you try to uninstall then download the latest version and reinstall the Intel Management Engine software on your computer, this might solve the problem. If you’re not actually using it, you could also just leave that software uninstalled.

Best regards,

J-P

Thanks John-Paul, I’ll look into it.