sorry to bother you but I found the following problem when using the Mocha Pro OFX Plugin for Nuke:
Mocha Pro does not take over my the frame rate I define in my Nuke Project Settings
I stumbled upon this when I tried the new alembic export for the first time.
I had a clip with 29,97 fps and my project settings in Nuke where the same, but the imported abc.-file from Mocha created a Camera-node with 24fps and ReadGeo-node with 24fps as well.
So I made several tests.
In Mocha Pro, I could check (but not touch, because its not the standalone version) the Projects Settings.
It showed me 24fps.
Under the tab Clip I could compare the other clip attributes and everything was correct besides the framerate. 24fps.
When I imported the clip directly in the same Mocha Project it would read the FPS correctly. But the exported abc-file would still show me 24fps in Nuke (I guess because it depends on Mocha’s Project Settings…which should be driven by Nukes Project Settings )
This got me thinking:
“Maybe it’s a footage issue”
My first footage was a Mov with 29.97fps. So I tried an EXR with 25fps. I created a NEW script, changed the project settings accordingly. Still 24fps in MochaPro.
“Maybe its the mocha chache or nuke chache.” So I cleared both, just in case. Didn’t help.
Questioning my own sanity I asked a freelance buddy to do the same test but with different footage. He had the same issue. Mocha Pro always defines the FrameRate as 24fps.
Now I’m out of ideas and need your help,please
As already written in the headline, I used Mocha Pro OFX 8.0.2
And I tested it in Nuke 12.2v5 and in Nuke 11.3v4 as well.
LG vom MG
PS.: It’s kinda weird but in Nuke the alembic file seemed to match, although it used the wrong frame rate.
But when I changed the frame rate in both Camera- and ReadGeo Node to the Clips and Project Settings frame rate it went completely astray.
So maybe it’s just a “cosmetic issue” in the end. But it’s still strange and alarming