Mocha Pro 5.0.1 crashing since NVidia Driver Update

I have had Mocha Pro 5.0.1 running very stable until the latest NVidia Web Driver update 346.02.03f09. I also updated Cuda to 7.5.30 which I don’t think will affect Mocha.

I am running OSX 10.10.5
Mac Pro (Mid 2012)

2 x 3.06GHz 6-core Xeon
48 GB RAM
Quadro K5000.

I have the text of the console to indicate what is wrong and happy to post if it helps.

Ran out of support a week ago too…

The 346.02.03f09 driver appears to be an older version. Are you sure you’ve not reverted to the standard system driver instead?
The current OSX Nvidia web driver I see is 367.15.10.05f01.

NVIDIA GPUs on Mac OS X require NVIDIA Web Driver version 346.03.10f02 or newer on El Capitan. These GPUs do not work correctly on previous versions of Mac OS X or using the Apple-supplied drivers.

I am running Yosemite - 10.10.5.

Checking the NVidia website, that suggest it is the latest graphics driver for Yosemite. The auto-update also suggests it is the latest driver for my system.

The driver you mentioned is Sierra only by the looks of it.

Ah! That would explain it.

The only suggestion I can offer at present then is that you downgrade back to the previous driver. I don’t really want to recommend you upgrade your whole system to El Capitan just for a driver change!

Another thing you could try is to test out the 5.1.1 update, as we added additional card support into that build:

I tried installing 5.1.1, which was a “Free Upgrade” but when I start it up it is in non-commercial/training mode.

Do I deactivate then reactivate the license?

That’s odd, is your original 5.0.1 version still licensed?

Sure is!

Can you email me about the licensing issue separately so I can get some more detail about your license?
martinb[at]imagineersystems.com

I don’t want to derail this thread on your graphics cards issues!

I emailed you. Apologies I didn’t send sooner, our internet went down.

By the way, impressed with the support via the Forum.

I have a feeling that NVidia will drop a new Web Driver in the next day or so as Apple has just released some updates that will be incompatible with the current Web Drivers. Hopefully that will fix my driver issue (if that is what is causing the issue)?!

Give that a go when it is out. I’d be curious to hear your results as Nvidia drivers on OS X are a delicate thing.

In the meantime, you can just switch of GPU tracking under preferences for now and the problem should go away after you restart mocha. That way you can keep tracking on CPU.

Pretty much what I have been doing. GPU is considerably faster but CPU is fine for now.

I’ll let you know how it goes once the new Web Driver drops.