Mocha pro adobe plugin license problem

Hi,

I’ve just purchased the Mocha pro for adobe in a monthly subscription. I downloaded the plugin however in AE it says that Mocha is on LE mode and if I have a license I need to activate it. So I put the license key however it won’t accept it. Pretty sure I downloaded the right file from the site.

Can anyone tell me why it won’t work?

Thanks.

Where are you putting the license key information in? Currently we are working to fix a licensing bug where licensing inconsistently registers. Let me know what your steps are and I will give you a workaround?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary,

In AE, working on my project, I open MOCHA pro and it shows a window of an unlicensed Mocha pro. It’s weired because I didn’t have the option of Mocha pro open to me prior to purchasing and downloading it from your website. I click on the “ACTIVATE” button and pick the “Activate your license” option. And after entering the activation key I received in my e-mail, it says “the license is for a different host product. Can not install here.”

Again, to make it clear, I purchased the subscription to MOCHA pro 2021 plugin for adobe and it clearly says in my invoice “MOCHA pro (Adobe) monthly subscription”

Am I missing something?

Thank you for your response.

Mary

Hi Mary,

Let’s try activating Mocha Pro through the After Effects interface by doing the following:

• Apply “Mocha Pro” to your project in After Effects.
  • Locate the “License…” button in the Adobe effect editor for Mocha.
  • Press that button to begin the licensing process.
  • Choose the option to “Activate your license now…” from the Boris FX License Tool.
  • Fill in your activation key and click “Continue” to complete the process.
  • Restart Mocha Pro/After Effects.
  • Test.

Please let us know how everything works out!

Best Regards,
Amy

BorisFX

1 Like

Thank you. It worked.