Mocha pro (all versions) "Cannot connect to MediaOServer, Quicktime Unavailable

Hello, I bought a new computer and I am trying trial versions of mocha pro. None work. They all have the error “Cannot connect to the MediaOserver, Quicktime will not be available” . This seems to mean it doesn’t recognise any mp4 file, and keeps telling me the input file is corrupt.

I am using win10 64bit. Is there a common bug with mocha that causes this problem. Never had a problem with AE mocha or trial version mocha on old computer. Only thing I can suggest is because vegas pro would not recognised any mp4 files, the reported way of fixing that is to install quicktime and install K-lite codec pack. This solved my vegas problem, but either is the reason for mocha fault or nothing to do with mocha fault. I don’t know. vegas is more important to me than trial version of mocha pro right now.

Anyone seen this error and was able to fix it. It’s not a corrupt install file. It simply won’t work on my computer

So, mocha is not good with MP4 files but does work well with MOV files. The MediaOserver error is usually because either quicktime is not installed or it has not loaded yet. The standalone versions of mocha (including mocha AE) depend on quicktime engine elements to run.

If users have security concerns and do not want to use Quicktime on Windows, but still want access to .MOV and .MP4 codecs, we recommend that they uninstall QuickTime Player, and install only the QuickTime Essentials part of the package. This substantially reduces the attack surface and reduces QuickTime to the status of a faceless library on their system which will only be used inside of other software for codec decoding. For v5 users, the mocha Pro 5 Plug-in option is the ideal solution because it has no dependency on QuickTime and reads the image data right out of the host’s timeline. For users who are unable to upgrade to mocha Pro 5 the Plug-in, installing the codecs alone will help solve some of the problems users are encountering with Quicktime on Windows.

If you have trouble installing only the quicktime essentials, try this method:

1. Fully uninstall Quicktime and delete any Apple folders left on your machine for a clean uninstall.
  2. Reinstall using the full installation option with the player installed as well.
  3. In your program management configuration panel, select the uninstall option and ask Quicktime to be “modified.”
  4. Uninstall Quicktime Player only but keep the full library of codecs you need to read .MP4 and .MOV files.

is there any solution for mac users? cause quicktime player can’t remove mac os system 49

Try updating quicktime. Then, try restarting the machine and waiting for the MediaIO server process to start.

I think the problem is not about the quicktime. when i upgrade mojave from catalina this error occured. probably catalina dosen’t run with 32 bit applications

Mocha Pro is not officically supported on macOS Catalina. Boris FX will be making an official update on all our products support for the new Mac OS very soon.

In the meantime, if you are running on Catalina already, Mocha Pro standalone will not support movie files and you will need to use sequential files.

Note that Mocha Pro 5 is a few years old at this point.

Catalina kills off all support for 32-bit apps in OSX, and Quicktime (as in the QT7 system) is probably one of the biggest casualties. I would strongly recommend not upgrading to Catalina if you are a video professional until there are reliable fallback solutions. Alternatively, you could try using software like Parallels to install a virtualised instance of an older version of OSX that does support Quicktime 7 fully (Sierra)