Mocha Pro crashing while roto tracking

I’m having trouble with what should be a straightforward stereoscopic roto project.

24%20AM

Mocha’s crashing while tracking in AE with error messages like these attached screenshots. Very frustrating. Any idea what may be causing this and how to fix?

Thanks!
–David

56%20AM

13%20AM

Can you check the location of your cache folder and confirm you have enough disk space to support a cache? We recommend a surplus of 100 gigs on your HD when you use Mocha, especially in stereo.

Also, can you let me know what video card you are using?

Please let me know and I will be happy to help you.

Hi Mary,

I’m using a dedicated NVMe drive for Mocha’s cache which currently has ~475GB free so that should be fine. My graphics card is an NVIDIA 1080Ti.

This project was working fine yesterday evening, but it started crashing this morning when I went back to it.

This is another large raster (6K x 6K) stereoscopic 360 file and I’m tracking in 360 view.

Any advice? Thanks for your help!

–David

Hi Mary,

A bit more info - this seems to be a bug related to stereo tracking. I found that if I turn the “track all views” switch off, I can track each eye separately without the crash. When I try to track both views, the crash happens almost immediately. I can make this happen repeatably. They seem to mostly be ZANZIBAR crashes.

OK, that sounds like a bug, we will look into it. Thank you for letting us know. We will have to see if we can repeat it on our end and then research a solution.

Cheers,
Mary

Thank you. Please keep me posted and let me know if I can send you test files or help in any way.

best,
–David

David, can you email me through the mac crash logs please? I imagine this may be to do with large frame sizes overloading the memory buffer on the GPU which we’re looking to stabilize in the next point release. How much memory do you have you allocated in AE?

Hi Martin,

AE has 122 of 128GB RAM allocated, which should be plenty.

Happy to send a crash report. Is there someplace I should be looking for it in Console, or can I copy the text in the “Send to Apple” dialog that appears when AE crashes? Let me know and I’ll get it to you. Thanks!

Copy the text from the “send to apple” dialog and save it to a “mochacrash.log” file. Thanks!

Done, check your email. Thanks and please keep me posted!