Mocha pro error says that selection manager doesn't recognize the Layer

Even knowing Fusion, Nuke and Composite which are great in my opinion.
Nothing can be compared to Mocha pro and I can’t think in any other tool
for my workflow.Can’t describe how amazed I am with Mocha pro.
However I am a newbie, still strugling with the learning curve:confused:.
I was able to use the remove tool to remove annoying unnecessary tracking marks on theclip am using now.
But when I add a new xspline layer , suddenly nothing draws anymore, and I have to close the software and reopen the project ! than the usual functionality returns.
I have serious doubts, also about render.Do I have to render layer by layer ? and How
do I merge those results and render all together ?as I have dozens of tracking marks to remove .
Also the clean plates in Photoshop , worked for the first 3 layers,
When I add another splinelayer
and use a new clean frame, Mocha doesn’t recognize the cleanplate I’ve just edited in Photoshop, and When I render the results the old renders
got “rerendered” but darker, screwing all my former successful renders .
The solution I have for now is painful.
I make the first 3 layers that are always working , render it
and start a new project with the render result , Gotta have a workaround.
I am sure I am doing some mistake, Please help me.:eek:

Hi, it is a very nice page, it have a nice and useful information, i like it very much. It is very entertaining and also informative Thanks.

Hi, it is a very nice page, it have a nice and useful information, i like it very much. It is very entertaining and also informative Thanks.

Martin.
My system is a Lenovo desktop Ideacenter Intel (R) Core ™ i7
12 gig ram 64 bit .Have a Nvidia Quadro 4000 video board, and Windows 7 OS.
I also have a Notebook Lenovo i7 64 bit 16 gig ram ,quite fast for a Laptop.
a very old Dual Xeon Dell precision 16 ram and
have a Mac pro dual desktop and could be the best option , I suppose .
Which one would be best ?
Now , about longer rendering to process lighting:
It will be worth waiting, it is amazing to be able to process all those tracking marks
on a single pass anyway.It is rendering right now.
I’veAlready received your e-mail and will reply very soon with the shared folder link.
All the best.

Even knowing Fusion, Nuke and Composite which are great in my opinion.
Nothing can be compared to Mocha pro and I can’t think in any other tool
for my workflow.Can’t describe how amazed I am with Mocha pro.
However I am a newbie, still strugling with the learning curve:confused:.
I was able to use the remove tool to remove annoying unnecessary tracking marks on theclip am using now.
But when I add a new xspline layer , suddenly nothing draws anymore, and I have to close the software and reopen the project ! than the usual functionality returns.
I have serious doubts, also about render.Do I have to render layer by layer ? and How
do I merge those results and render all together ?as I have dozens of tracking marks to remove .
Also the clean plates in Photoshop , worked for the first 3 layers,
When I add another splinelayer
and use a new clean frame, Mocha doesn’t recognize the cleanplate I’ve just edited in Photoshop, and When I render the results the old renders
got “rerendered” but darker, screwing all my former successful renders .
The solution I have for now is painful.
I make the first 3 layers that are always working , render it
and start a new project with the render result , Gotta have a workaround.
I am sure I am doing some mistake, Please help me.:eek:

Martin.
My system is a Lenovo desktop Ideacenter Intel (R) Core ™ i7
12 gig ram 64 bit .Have a Nvidia Quadro 4000 video board, and Windows 7 OS.
I also have a Notebook Lenovo i7 64 bit 16 gig ram ,quite fast for a Laptop.
a very old Dual Xeon Dell precision 16 ram and
have a Mac pro dual desktop and could be the best option , I suppose .
Which one would be best ?
Now , about longer rendering to process lighting:
It will be worth waiting, it is amazing to be able to process all those tracking marks
on a single pass anyway.It is rendering right now.
I’veAlready received your e-mail and will reply very soon with the shared folder link.
All the best.

Dear martin.:slight_smile:
Thank you for your great help, now it makes absolute sense to me.
I managed to try on the first method and could use a single clean plate for several
xsplines on the same layer.(see jpg atached)
The render time, though, seemed unfair to me and I am really trying to reduce it now, as I don’t know how to deal with remove search range and when I tweak it ,I mess up.
Changing steps , make my clean plate vanishes and frames before and after
too, and I have to use interpolation , because the light changes.
and most important :
You are Welcome to use the clip or part of it, on a tutorial, of course, if you wish.
(it is a smooth very long Jimmy Jib track shot )
That would be awesome,and the tutorial can be the aprentice basis for many shots like this one ! I actually have many like them , on my project, and also,this tutorial would improve my Mocha pro skills a lot.:cool:
This is the You tube link for you :

, so you can visualize the shot , it is in Low Res version
but if you go ahead and send me an e-mail to :
lzmihich@gmail.com
I can reply with The tif sequence file (190 frames) in 2k resolution,or a Quicktime mov, ,you tell me, and I’d send a link to an "You send it " shared folder with you.
Thank you, again, for your help.
Luiz Eduardo

Dear martin.:slight_smile:
Thank you for your great help, now it makes absolute sense to me.
I managed to try on the first method and could use a single clean plate for several
xsplines on the same layer.(see jpg atached)
The render time, though, seemed unfair to me and I am really trying to reduce it now, as I don’t know how to deal with remove search range and when I tweak it ,I mess up.
Changing steps , make my clean plate vanishes and frames before and after
too, and I have to use interpolation , because the light changes.
and most important :
You are Welcome to use the clip or part of it, on a tutorial, of course, if you wish.
(it is a smooth very long Jimmy Jib track shot )
That would be awesome,and the tutorial can be the aprentice basis for many shots like this one ! I actually have many like them , on my project, and also,this tutorial would improve my Mocha pro skills a lot.:cool:
This is the You tube link for you :

, so you can visualize the shot , it is in Low Res version
but if you go ahead and send me an e-mail to :
lzmihich@gmail.com
I can reply with The tif sequence file (190 frames) in 2k resolution,or a Quicktime mov, ,you tell me, and I’d send a link to an "You send it " shared folder with you.
Thank you, again, for your help.

Luiz Eduardo

Martin.
Sorry for the delay , removing all those crosses was not an easy task, took a long time,
and artifacts complicated the removal,also, I’ve left few nasty pink tapes on the roof of the boat ,
because just couldn’t remove it , the changes of perspective and axis made it impossible ,
maybe the insert tool could help ! too late anyway my trial is over, and I am considering
purchasing Mocha Pro, this next month.Because it is crucial to have it on my pipeline.
What I couldn’t achieve, I blame it on my lack of experience with Mocha pro.
Sending you the you tube link with my result , and will copy the tiff sequence in 2k res
on our Shared folder (You send it)
You tube link :
- YouTube
Are you still working on that tutorial ? If you find this shot too complex for a tutorial,
(too many tracking marks) I have similar simpler ones.about hundreds of them.
Thank you for your support,Couldn’t do it without your directions, and your videos.

Luiz Eduardo Mihich

Martin.
Sorry for the delay , removing all those crosses was not an easy task, took a long time,
and artifacts complicated the removal,also, I’ve left few nasty pink tapes on the roof of the boat ,
because just couldn’t remove it , the changes of perspective and axis made it impossible ,
maybe the insert tool could help ! too late anyway my trial is over, and I am considering
purchasing Mocha Pro, this next month.Because it is crucial to have it on my pipeline.
What I couldn’t achieve, I blame it on my lack of experience with Mocha pro.
Sending you the you tube link with my result , and will copy the tiff sequence in 2k res
on our Shared folder (You send it)

You tube link :

http://youtu.be/Agq6gimdDK0

Are you still working on that tutorial ? If you find this shot too complex for a tutorial,
(too many tracking marks) I have similar simpler ones.about hundreds of them.
Thank you for your support,Couldn’t do it without your directions, and your videos.

Luiz Eduardo Mihich

You are Welcome, Mocha support excels,There will be, maybe a tutorial based on it.

You are Welcome, Mocha support excels,There will be, maybe a tutorial based on it.

So that I am clear essentially what you are doing right now is removing trackers one by one with remove using different layers?
You can do this using multi-pass removes, or you can try doing them all at once with different layers and clean plates.
Since you only have about 3 different planes here (4 if you include the actual green screen), you could probably do this as one render with separate layers. I’ll give an example with the window plane with the most markers on it:

1. Track the entre panel, minus the window. This is your background for this plane (BGD).
  2. Draw individual splines in another layer, by drawing one small shape around a single marker, then using “Add X-Spline to Layer” to add further splines for the rest of the points on that plane. This way you will have about 10 small splines in the single layer
  3. Import your clean plate for that layer
  4. Follow steps 1 and 2 for the remaining planes
  5. Render
    Alternatively, if that is a bit heavy, you can do multi-pass removes:
  6. Track the entre panel, minus the window. This is your background for this plane (BGD).
  7. Draw individual splines in another layer, by drawing one small shape around a single marker, then using “Add X-Spline to Layer” to add further splines for the rest of the points on that plane. This way you will have about 10 small splines in the single layer.
  8. Import your clean plate for that layer
  9. Render
  10. Follow steps 1 and 2 for the next plane, but this time make your input clip the render of the previous clip (Normally starting with “Remove_”)
  11. Create a new output clip in the output tab in Remove so your previous clip is not rendered over
  12. Repeat for the other planes
    The key is not to remove the markers one by one, but by planes, using a single layer. This way your work will be quicker.

So that I am clear essentially what you are doing right now is removing trackers one by one with remove using different layers?

You can do this using multi-pass removes, or you can try doing them all at once with different layers and clean plates.

Since you only have about 3 different planes here (4 if you include the actual green screen), you could probably do this as one render with separate layers. I’ll give an example with the window plane with the most markers on it:

1. Track the entre panel, minus the window. This is your background for this plane (BGD).
  2. Draw individual splines in another layer, by drawing one small shape around a single marker, then using “Add X-Spline to Layer” to add further splines for the rest of the points on that plane. This way you will have about 10 small splines in the single layer
  4. Follow steps 1 and 2 for the remaining planes
  5. Render

Alternatively, if that is a bit heavy, you can do multi-pass removes:

2. Draw individual splines in another layer, by drawing one small shape around a single marker, then using “Add X-Spline to Layer” to add further splines for the rest of the points on that plane. This way you will have about 10 small splines in the single layer.
  4. Render
  5. Follow steps 1 and 2 for the next plane, but this time make your input clip the render of the previous clip (Normally starting with “Remove_”)
  6. Create a new output clip in the output tab in Remove so your previous clip is not rendered over
  7. Repeat for the other planes

The key is not to remove the markers one by one, but by planes, using a single layer. This way your work will be quicker.

Incidentally, this might make a very good tutorial. If you can, would you be interested in giving us a sample clip to use as a video tutorial down the track?

Incidentally, this might make a very good tutorial. If you can, would you be interested in giving us a sample clip to use as a video tutorial down the track?

When using illumination, yes, it will slow things down. Mocha has to do a lot of processing to calculate the illumination, so it is going to be slower than a normal remove.
I will email you about the footage and go through it.

When using illumination, yes, it will slow things down. Mocha has to do a lot of processing to calculate the illumination, so it is going to be slower than a normal remove.

I will email you about the footage and go through it.