Mocha pro OFX and After effects

Hi, was just wondering,I have Hitfilm Pro with the Mocha Pro OFX, I have recently got the After Effects plugin. Is it possible to share files between them both, like Track Mattes etc. Open a file in Hitfilm use Mocha for the tracking then output to AE.Mocha Pro is in Hitfilm and After Effects are on my desktop.Not worked out how to put AE in hitfilm if at all possible.

You have a few options:

• You can export the Mocha project file from one host via “Export Project…” in the Mocha GUI and then open or merge it in the other
  • You can also export out data between them, so if you work in HitFilm you can export all data formats (corner pins, tracking data, shapes etc) to After Effects and vice versa.
  • You can also render mattes and render module clips (Remove, insert, stabilize) to image sequences or video clips

Ah…

Ok, the Mocha that comes with Hitfilm is “Mocha Hitfilm,” not “Mocha Pro.” Mocha Hitfilm does not run in Ae, much like Mocha Ae does not run in Hitfilm.

The are multiple versions of Mocha Pro. After Effects has a propriety plug in format. The Ae compatible Mocha Pro cannot run in any other software. Hitfilm uses OFX. Mocha Pro OFX will not run in Hitfilm. To run Mocha Pro in both, unfortunately, you have to buy both.

Both versions Mocha Pro offer ways to transfer data to both programs, but exporting Mocha Pro Ae to Hitfilm (or other way around) will only export track mattes and tracking data. Other modules must be rendered to disc from Mocha and imported as image sequences.

martinb Mocha Product Manager
July 19

You have a few options:

• You can export the Mocha project file from one host via “Export Project…” in the Mocha GUI and then open or merge it in the other
  • You can also export out data between them, so if you work in HitFilm you can export all data formats (corner pins, tracking data, shapes etc) to After Effects and vice versa.
  • You can also render mattes and render module clips (Remove, insert, stabilize) to image sequences or video clips. This is what they are telling me on the Hitfilm forums, appreciate the help

Rick

Mocha Pro OFX does run in Hitfilm, it’s just separate from the light version. Mocha HitFilm is akin to Mocha AE: They are light versions that specifically work with that host software.

For everything else, you are correct: If you have a license of Mocha Pro on any host, you can still export the shape and tracking data to other hosts. You just won’t be able to necessarily merge Mocha Pro projects to the light versions and vice versa.