Mocha + Quicktime X = Not Happy (black frames)

As far as I can tell, Mocha is NOT compatible with QTX.
I have been working a a project for a while and did all the tracking for 2 of the 5 files several weeks ago, before I installed Snow Leopard and the new Quicktime. These files I rendered out of AE as animation and brought in, no problem, to Mocha.
However, now when I export as animation or ANY QT format at all, when I import into Mocha all I get is black frames, except for 1 frame, usually at frame 8. But it’s upside down and backwards!
When I export as anything else not QT based, say tiff or tga, I can import fine.
What’s especially interesting and makes me think it’s quicktime, is that I can open any file that was created BEFORE the QTX install just fine. It’s only files that were created after the new version.
Anyway, hope this is a help for anyone having this problem. It sure is a pain and I hope it get’s fixed immediately. I wonder how many imagineers products are going to fail with this one.

As far as I can tell, Mocha is NOT compatible with QTX.

I have been working a a project for a while and did all the tracking for 2 of the 5 files several weeks ago, before I installed Snow Leopard and the new Quicktime. These files I rendered out of AE as animation and brought in, no problem, to Mocha.

However, now when I export as animation or ANY QT format at all, when I import into Mocha all I get is black frames, except for 1 frame, usually at frame 8. But it’s upside down and backwards!

When I export as anything else not QT based, say tiff or tga, I can import fine.

What’s especially interesting and makes me think it’s quicktime, is that I can open any file that was created BEFORE the QTX install just fine. It’s only files that were created after the new version.

Anyway, hope this is a help for anyone having this problem. It sure is a pain and I hope it get’s fixed immediately. I wonder how many imagineers products are going to fail with this one.

That’s really too bad, as everybody I know that uses Imagineers products also uses Final Cut. And not upgrading the combo Snow Leopard/Final Cut Studio 3 is real hard to resist.
Hope a fix gets uploaded soon!

That’s really too bad, as everybody I know that uses Imagineers products also uses Final Cut. And not upgrading the combo Snow Leopard/Final Cut Studio 3 is real hard to resist.

Hope a fix gets uploaded soon!

>From the Imagineer sfw download page:
Snow Leopard Compatibility:
Our products are currently not fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). Certain key QuickTime codecs are not working correctly, and for this reason we do not recommend that you upgrade to Snow Leopard yet. We are currently working on a fix and a maintenance release will be available as soon as we solve the problem.
So, Apple did change some things with QT that we have logged as a bug with Apple. In the meantime we do have a fix and will be posting it shortly. In the meantime, the workaround is to convert your QT to a seq files.
Stay tuned for point release.
-Ross
Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

>From the Imagineer sfw download page:

Snow Leopard Compatibility:
Our products are currently not fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). Certain key QuickTime codecs are not working correctly, and for this reason we do not recommend that you upgrade to Snow Leopard yet. We are currently working on a fix and a maintenance release will be available as soon as we solve the problem.

So, Apple did change some things with QT that we have logged as a bug with Apple. In the meantime we do have a fix and will be posting it shortly. In the meantime, the workaround is to convert your QT to a seq files.

Stay tuned for point release.

-Ross

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems