Mocha Remove, "Freak Out" Frame

I’m testing out mocha pro, learning it’s ins and outs, and I’ve attempted to use mocha AE, when there’s always that something that just confounds me. Mocha will be humming along and all of a sudden it simply goes off script, for one frame, and then I can’t get it back, either I don’t know how (most likely), or it could possibly be a glitch. Don’t know.
Example, I’m learning how to use the remove module. I have a plane, it has call letters on the back of the plane, I’m trying to remove it through 456 frames. It holds good, and then from 388, this: Dropbox - Error
It’s working 95% perfect, and then for one frame it flickers this, then goes back to 95% perfect.
First question: how do I render over this?
Second question: How do I get the remove module to properly illuminate and/or dissolve being so close to that bottom black band? Addtly why does it work spot on the first 4/5s then fall apart so quickly hard?

Hi there,

Looks like you somehow ended up in unlicensed mode and so you’re getting those watermarks. Check your connection with the server. Then delete the render on that frame only and re-render.

For the band, you’ll have to have really good roto away from that band so that illumination modeling doesn’t pull the dark band into your remove. Try to stay between your object you’re removing and the band.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary,

thanks for the response. I know I'm in unlicensed mode (it's kindly called "learning edition", which is what I'm using it for :) ), so the watermarks are expected. What I didn't take to was the odd black "leak" to the right of the window. That leak confuses, as it is not within the spline area being removed, but it was still affected.
 I restarted the whole project, did a better job tracking the planar, and adding in additional cleanplates to sample. This time, 99% perfect, very acceptable.
 If you have the time, a couple other questions:
  1. when there are subtraction layers above the “Remove” layer, do those subtraction layers affect the removal process?
  2. in one of the removal tutorials, you recommend blurring the edge width. I tried that the first time and it seemed to have hurt more than helped. Are there guidelines / best practices when blurring the edge width helps?

Thank you again!

Oh! Sorry, I didnt see that leak at first glance.

1. when there are subtraction layers above the “Remove” layer, do those subtraction layers affect the removal process?
    Yes, they should be “held out” of the render.

2. in one of the removal tutorials, you recommend blurring the edge width. I tried that the first time and it seemed to have hurt more than helped. Are there guidelines / best practices when blurring the edge width helps?

Yes, make sure when you add edge feathering that your edge feathering will not interact with a darker background by overlapping dark shapes when you use lighting compensation in the remove tool. Always check your roto edges. The stabilize tool (looks like a hand) is a really good way to check your work.