Mocha Shape causes After Effects to freeze/crash

I’m using Mocha AE 3.0.2 to, among other things, create masks. I then export the shape data and paste it onto a layer in After Effects CS6.
But right now, when I get to a certain frame in my comp, After Effects completely locks up and I have to force quit.
The only thing I’ve found that fixes it, is to disable the Mocha Shape plugin on the layer and then it will render the frame fine.
It freezes both when just doing a preview render right in AE or when I try to do a full render.
I’m using Mocha Shape 2.0.1 build 3546.

Hi Shpigford,
Please send me you mocha project file and I will take a look:
martinb[at ]imagineerystems.com

Hi Shpigford,

You should paste mocha masks in as a shape, not a plugin/layer effect, what’s probably happening is you’re running out of memory in AE from the shape effect instead of the spline.
Try that and see if it helps! :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Mary

You should paste mocha masks in as a shape, not a plugin/layer effect, what’s probably happening is you’re running out of memory in AE from the shape effect instead of the spline.

Cheers,
Mary

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
When I do Edit > Paste mocha mask, AE throws this error:
“After Effects: AEGP Plugin MochaShapeConverter: Failed to build correct mocha shape data ( 5027 :: 12 )”
Image: Skitch | Evernote

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—

Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
When I do Edit > Paste mocha mask, AE throws this error:

“After Effects: AEGP Plugin MochaShapeConverter: Failed to build correct mocha shape data ( 5027 :: 12 )”

Image: Skitch | Evernote

I’m using Mocha AE 3.0.2 to, among other things, create masks. I then export the shape data and paste it onto a layer in After Effects CS6.

But right now, when I get to a certain frame in my comp, After Effects completely locks up and I have to force quit.

The only thing I’ve found that fixes it, is to disable the Mocha Shape plugin on the layer and then it will render the frame fine.

It freezes both when just doing a preview render right in AE or when I try to do a full render.

I’m using Mocha Shape 2.0.1 build 3546.

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
Hi Shpigford,
—End Quote—
Thanks Martin, just sent you an email.

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
Hi Shpigford,

—End Quote—
Thanks Martin, just sent you an email.

Im having the same issue. When trying to track in Mocha, im getting the same error message (5027 :: 12). Mocha wont even open. Anyone have any suggestions? Worked fine earlier today, but suddenly Mocha became unresponsive and crashed. When I tried to open it up again, the error message showed up.