Mocha shape confusion

I just purchased the mocha shape plugin for Mocha AE and afterwards, realized that it does me no good unless I upgrade Mocha from v1.2.0 to v2.0. Does this mean I also have to purchase an upgrade? It just seems like if I spend 100 dollars on a plugin, that I should get a free upgrade in order for the plugin I bought to do anything. I’d really appreciate some feedback on this, because in these tough economic times, I really can’t be wasting any money. Thank you very much.

The mocha-shape plug-ins do not ship with any products. They are priced as an additional $99. So if you upgrade to mocha for AEv2, you still need to purchase the plug-in separetly.

I apologize if this is not made more clear, but this text is on both the product page and the webshop:

NOTE: You will need to purchase the mocha shape for After Effects plug-in to import the mocha shape data into After Effects.

To put this into perspective:

mocha (full version) with roto functionality lists price $999

motor with only roto functionality list price: $499

mocha for After Effects v2 upgrade + *mocha shape * tracka nd roto functionality for AE, list price: $198

Relative to the Imagineer product lineup, this is a great deal.

Best,
Ross

—Quote (Originally by thursday420)—
I just purchased the mocha shape plugin for Mocha AE and afterwards, realized that it does me no good unless I upgrade Mocha from v1.2.0 to v2.0. Does this mean I also have to purchase an upgrade? It just seems like if I spend 100 dollars on a plugin, that I should get a free upgrade in order for the plugin I bought to do anything. I’d really appreciate some feedback on this, because in these tough economic times, I really can’t be wasting any money. Thank you very much.
—End Quote—