Mocha shape render crash?

Has this been resolved at all? I’m experiencing the same crash/freeze when rendering out a sequence through the render queue. Looks like my memory tops out (10Gb worth) when this happens.

I experienced the same problem within multiple projects. I followed the exercises from the Curious Turtle Mocha Training DVD. During exercises 8 and 10 crashes happened. It was after I importet shape data and then scrubbed through the timeline.

A further problem arouse then: I pasted the data onto a solid layer in AE. The result went totally wrong. The shape got extremely distorted. However, if I precomped the solid, and pasted onto the precomp, everything worked fine. (However: Pasting on a shape layer that is filled, e.g. with a comp-size rectangle, works fine without precomping).

Except… issue No. 3: Interlaced footage. Mocha Shape data was exactly one frame off when pasted into AE. What helps here is to paste the data not on frame 0 but on frame 1 instead.

Maybe this is already known. If not, Ross could make it public somewhere.

Best regards,
Andreas

Has this been resolved at all? I’m experiencing the same crash/freeze when rendering out a sequence through the render queue. Looks like my memory tops out (10Gb worth) when this happens.

We have to AE project with dozen of layer with mocha shapes and everytime we try to render it stops in the middle of the sequence. It seams associated with memory.

Are there memory leaks in Mocha Shapes?

Has anybody else experience this?

Hi everyone!

I have the same problem.

I have a quad core 2.8Ghz with 6Go Ram DDR2
I work on windows 7 64-bits.

The problem is after effects report an error, not about the memory, when i do a preview. After, i have a window who appear a lot of time and say the data is damaged (i’m french so i don’t know if it’s exactly this in english).

The way I do it’s to apply mocha shape to a white layer, export the video, delete mocha shape and do a luminosity mask with the video.

But do you have an idea where the problem come from?

Thanks
Adrian

Hi everyone!
I have the same problem.
I have a quad core 2.8Ghz with 6Go Ram DDR2
I work on windows 7 64-bits.
The problem is after effects report an error, not about the memory, when i do a preview. After, i have a window who appear a lot of time and say the data is damaged (i’m french so i don’t know if it’s exactly this in english).
The way I do it’s to apply mocha shape to a white layer, export the video, delete mocha shape and do a luminosity mask with the video.
But do you have an idea where the problem come from?
Thanks
Adrian

If the project is large or contains large footage you can also upload it to the Customer Footage area on our FTP site:

ftp://mocha:12345678@ftp.imagineersystems.com/

i have got the same problem. I have 9 layer and mocha shape stops in the middle of the timeline and memory become full!!! I have got 12gb of ram!!

Is there a fix??

vista64 bit and ae cs4

i have got the same problem. I have 9 layer and mocha shape stops in the middle of the timeline and memory become full!!! I have got 12gb of ram!!
Is there a fix??
vista64 bit and ae cs4

Can you send your AE project to support@imagineer systems.com?
I do not believe anything similar has been reported.

Thanks,
Ross