Mocha shapes wonkyfied issue

Hi as a relatively new user to mocha
I am having a most curious issue
I have hunted thru the forum and seen small references to this problem, but not really a way to resolve …unless I AM TOTALLY THICK :slight_smile:
I am on a mac with after effects cs5.5 and mocha pro 3.1
I am doing simple tracks of a single shape cell phone to be precise.
i create a a tracking spline and get good results …so I then go ahead and create a roto mask …link to the appropriate track layer and export mocha shape for ae
then using paste mocha shape on kfrme 1 either using a solid or directly to the clip
the first frame is fine …then the mask data goes of on a random slaughter of my clip
flying the mask shapes everywhere but in the right Place
is there an answer to this is it user error a bug or weird interference from an alien signal
as no matter what I do or create I get this error pretty much every time i try to import mocha shapes if i render the shape it works fine …but this way limits my ability to edit the shape …
any help would be appreciated
with love
Wotz:)

Some, but not all of my roto splines created in Mocha AE and imported to CS6, using the “Paste mocha shape” command corrupt after the first frame. In Mocha the splines behave normally and the planar display locks down too.

I think the issue is connected to the length of the clip and the number of control points in the Bezier spline. On a 100 frame (2K) plate with about 20 control points the spline corrupts after frame one. The same clip (and same separate tracking spline) with a 6 point roto spline does not corrupt.

I’m using the workaround of just doing a standard paste, which loads the mocha shape as an effect, rather than a spline. This isn’t ideal, but is better than nothing!

System details: Intel 4 core Mac, CS6, OS X (10.6.8), 8Gb Ram.

Some, but not all of my roto splines created in Mocha AE and imported to CS6, using the “Paste mocha shape” command corrupt after the first frame. In Mocha the splines behave normally and the planar display locks down too.
I think the issue is connected to the length of the clip and the number of control points in the Bezier spline. On a 100 frame (2K) plate with about 20 control points the spline corrupts after frame one. The same clip (and same separate tracking spline) with a 6 point roto spline does not corrupt.
I’m using the workaround of just doing a standard paste, which loads the mocha shape as an effect, rather than a spline. This isn’t ideal, but is better than nothing!
System details: Intel 4 core Mac, CS6, OS X (10.6.8), 8Gb Ram.

This can happen if the tracking data is extending too far past the view.
If you turn on the surface, what happens to it as you scrub the timeline?

This can happen if the tracking data is extending too far past the view.

If you turn on the surface, what happens to it as you scrub the timeline?

Hi as a relatively new user to mocha
I am having a most curious issue
I have hunted thru the forum and seen small references to this problem, but not really a way to resolve …unless I AM TOTALLY THICK :slight_smile:

I am on a mac with after effects cs5.5 and mocha pro 3.1
I am doing simple tracks of a single shape cell phone to be precise.
i create a a tracking spline and get good results …so I then go ahead and create a roto mask …link to the appropriate track layer and export mocha shape for ae
then using paste mocha shape on kfrme 1 either using a solid or directly to the clip
the first frame is fine …then the mask data goes of on a random slaughter of my clip
flying the mask shapes everywhere but in the right Place
is there an answer to this is it user error a bug or weird interference from an alien signal
as no matter what I do or create I get this error pretty much every time i try to import mocha shapes if i render the shape it works fine …but this way limits my ability to edit the shape …
any help would be appreciated
with love
Wotz:)