Mocha Shapes... Won't Allow Me To Import Tracking Data

I’m getting a bit confused…

The Mocha Shapes Plug-in will not allow me to import normal tracking data.

Example:

I take tracking data from Mocha, export corner pin cs4 data, copy to clipboard.
Then I try to paste onto an image in AE and the Mocha Shapes plug-in steps in and won’t allow me to use the corner pin data anywhere but in the plug-in.

This is really, really making my day longer than it needs to be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hmm, well seems again I had to spend a large amount of time searching for the solution elsewhere.

For anyone else having this same issue:

http://aextensions.blogspot.com/2009/05/mochaimport.html

MochaImport script is amazing.

Hey Ross,
My apologies for the delayed response. I’ve attached the corner pin and translation exports for your perusal. I’m using Vista 32-bit (man I wish my Mac hadn’t died) and the general info is below.

GFX: 2x 8800 GTX in sli (I know, I know)
4gb Ram
Intel Core2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz

I’m importing the tracking data into AE CS4.

Thanks!

I’m not sure what the problem may have been, but mocha is pasting into AE without a problem now. Which is great, MochaImport is fantastic, but it doesn’t do the job sometimes when regular copy/paste works magic.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response on this…

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that mocha shape is not allowing you to import tracking data? This sounds very strange as mocha shape will only accept shape data and should ignore a track data paste.

Can you send me an example mocha track export file as well as the details of what system OS, etc.

I am glad you found Mathias’ script. It is really quite useful in many ways.

Best,
Ross

Thank you for the follow up and glad all is in working order! :smiley:

-R

—Quote (Originally by Andrew Spirk)—
I’m not sure what the problem may have been, but mocha is pasting into AE without a problem now. Which is great, MochaImport is fantastic, but it doesn’t do the job sometimes when regular copy/paste works magic.

Thanks.
—End Quote—