Mocha to AE PLEASE HELP!

Alright. I’ve been through a ton of tutorials online, but I cannot get this to work!:mad:

Please help me.

Here, I have a screen grab of my shot in AE.

Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3431/3723811731_dc2f2fd4dc_b.jpg

What I’m trying to do is introduce some-bullet-through-glass hits on the window as the camera pans across. However, each time I try this, the track makes the bullet hit expand and move right to left (same direction as the camera movement)

Im using the ‘Transform Data’ and coping the data the clipboard from mocha onto a null object in AE. I then remove all of the anchor point information and reset the anchor point by right clicking on it.

I’ve tried tracking a few different spots in the clip, but nothing seems to work…

thoughts?

The drifting track can be caused by the reflections in the window. Try to track areas of the door instead. Be shure to include strong lines in the tracking areas. Areas with reflections should explicitely masked out since they lead the tracker astray. Activate “perspective”.
Regards, Andreas

It seems that you would be better off doing exporting a corner pin track if the movement really has a lot of rotation.

I would track the door handle and the areas around the windows, then exclude the reflections by creating an inner contour shape so you are only tracking the window edges. Track with perspective turned on.

Next, view the surface and line it up with the car door. Preview it and if necessary use the adjust track module to refine any drift.

Once you are happy with the surface perfectly tracked, I would move the surface to where you want to bullet hole to be.

Before exporting, it woul dbe worthwhile to also understand that the AE corner pin wants a full composition size insert. So Either the bullet hole graphic is full comp size OR you should rest the surface to full frame.

This is detailed in this tutorial:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/monet/Mocha_aftereffects_workflow.mp4

I hope this was useful. All the best!
-R

—Quote (Originally by sdeming)—
Ok. This tutorial (Believable Hand-Held Motion Tracking with Mocha & After Effects CS4 by Jeff Foster - ProVideo Coalition) helped me so much.

But any tips would be appreciated
—End Quote—

Ok. This tutorial (Believable Hand-Held Motion Tracking with Mocha & After Effects CS4 by Jeff Foster - ProVideo Coalition) helped me so much.

But any tips would be appreciated