Mocha Track T S R S but Insert only T S

I have to track Position scale sheer and rotation to get a good track but I want an insert to only scale and position. How to do this?

Simply delete the data you don’t need, but be aware this will just alter your track data as well.

You could also try exporting the data as transform only and placing it on a Null, then only linking the data that you need.

There are a few ways to do this. Which host? What is the goal?

I’ve tried deleting the data and like you said it messed up the track. So not an option
Adobe Premiere. I can use AE if needed. The goal is for the green screen insert to be only affected by scale and position. No sheer or rotation.

Yes, depending on what you delete, you will definitely alter your track by changing values that have been tracked. As I mentioned above.

Since the data is linked together, you WILL have variation in the track if you remove those values.

I would try using the transform only option in AE and export to a null, then link the insert to that Null.

Alternatively, if that doesn’t work, you can try using the insert module for your BG layer and rendering it in Premiere.

And if that STILL doesn’t work, you can try a method we use in MegaPlates to get an accurate oversized corner pin to work. https://youtu.be/-t-etuWDgyk
Around 5:18 is where you want to start watching to see how to composite with an oversized corner pin.

Basically the breakdown for a large corner pin is this, if you can’t watch the video:

Use ALIGN SURFACE to set your surface to the right starting point in your footage, this will vary by shot, but remember the location.

In AE, import your BG footage and drag and drop it into your composition, align it on the same frame you used for ALIGN SURFACE.

Then precompose the insert BG, but please note this very important step… Usually I tell users that when using corner pins they need to “move all attributes into the new composition” for inserts and similar tasks, but NOT for oversized corner pins. For oversized Plates to line up properly with your AE composition and pass the large frame, you MUST make sure to select “leave all attributes in composition.

Now we select our new composition and we toggle on “collapse transformations.” What this does is this allows you to take a really large file and have it adjust the transformations of the layer so that they don’t alter when you add a new transformation over the top like a corner pin. This is how you keep a full res image anti-aliased and prevents over-processing the image and losing image quality.

In the Mocha Pro interface, we can now select the “create transform data” button and select our BG tracked layer to create the tracking data from. Next, I select my preferred export, in this care Power Pin, and select the target layer, my matte painting precomp, and hit apply.

Such as a simple thing is to remove rotation and sheer from surface planar but such a huge workaround. Where’s even the surface planar’s keys?

Ah ha! This is where the disconnect is coming from.

There ARE no planar surface keys. Unless you’re using adjust track or manual track, and even then, it is still adjusting the math data and not the surface. You can move the surface anywhere in the scene and it still moves along with the tracking data set.

The planar surface just represents the track. I am not giving you a workaround, I am giving you options of how to use the tracking data best for your needs based on what you have told me about your shot.

You can not separate the tracking values without affecting what the surface does, because they are linked together. This is because the surface isn’t just four tracking points in space, it’s the mathematical description of the planar track and the surface tool is just the visual representation of what the track is doing.

Again, if you just need a single data point export, you need to use transform only and try to apply the data that way and hope it works. If not, I have two other methods for you to try. :slight_smile:

All of Mocha is about translating the planar data into data you can use. You have to manipulate the data in the way that works best for you.