Mocha Upgrade not working / crashing

I just installed the new version of Mocha AVX for Media Composer, MochaPro2022.5-AVX-9.5.0-405

Every time I exit the interface, I get a crash screen that Mocha has crashed (4 times in a row). I’ve attached the crash logs.

mocha crashed 2022_04-26.txt (93.7 KB)
mocha crash after looking at license screen.txt (84.8 KB)

In addition, the plugin isn’t plain working. I’ve attached a shot where I tracked the man’s back. The second screen shot is with the matte applied.

Harry Miller
editor La Brea, The Predator, The Lafayette Escadrille
macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Mac mini (2018)
3.2 mGHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Avid Media Composer MC_2021.12
BCC 2022.5

Hi Harry, thanks for these crash logs. Sorry to hear you keep hitting problems on this Mac.

The crash on the license screen is a known issue that we’re looking into. If you want to license on Media Composer, I still recommend using the Help menu inside the Mocha GUI instead of the license button in the plugin interface panel. Alternatively, use the App Manager, which lets you control your licensing independent of the Mocha plugin.

The other crash however seems to (ironically) be to do with our new crash logging! I’ll need the dev team to look at the crash logs you’ve just linked. I’ll get these over to the team and take a look ASAP.

Hi Harry, we’ve identified the crash on exit problem and will get someone on it asap for a patch update. This seems to be a problem with pre-“Big Sur” macOS systems.

Glad you were able to locate the problem. Thanks for fixing.

Harry

Hi Harry, can you try the latest update which is out now:

Hey Martin. Installed, and it seem to be working as expected. Thanks.

Harry