Mocha ver2 shape import to AFX

Hello,

I’ve just finished a roto job in Mocha ver 2, which seems fine in Mocha. The job consists of nine layers. Importing the shapes into AFX results in an added edge width around the subject. I guess this has to do with the Edge Properties in Mocha (which defaults to the value of 3). But trying to decrease this value it doesn’t influence the edge width that’s imported into AFX. Do I need to set this value BEFORE I do the actual rotoing? The manual isn’t very clear about this.

And how can I export All Shapes to use with Shake? It seems that I only get the opportunity to export one layer at the time? Is it better to use the Export Rendered Shapes instead, using the matte only?

Thanks.

Best,
-terje

There should not be any noticeable edge width unless you have actually set it with the edge tools or the Edge Width control.

Can you show me an example of the edge you are seeing? You also have the option of turning off an edge in the shape effect itself.

Unfortunately at present there is only the ability to export one ssf at a time.

Could you send me the mocha file along with a few frames of the clip? You may need to zip it.

martinb[at]imagineersystems {dot} com.

Could you send me the mocha file along with a few frames of the clip? You may need to zip it.
martinb[at]imagineersystems {dot} com.

There should not be any noticeable edge width unless you have actually set it with the edge tools or the Edge Width control.
Can you show me an example of the edge you are seeing? You also have the option of turning off an edge in the shape effect itself.
Unfortunately at present there is only the ability to export one ssf at a time.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. I’ve experimented with different settings, but from my point of view none of these results in a predictable import in AFX. I really would like to have the AFX shape match what I do in Mocha. I’ve also tried to turn the edge off in the shape effect itself. I must be doing something wrong? But what?
I enclose two pictures showing the mask in Mocha and the import in AFX.
Thanks.
-terje

Hello,
I’ve just finished a roto job in Mocha ver 2, which seems fine in Mocha. The job consists of nine layers. Importing the shapes into AFX results in an added edge width around the subject. I guess this has to do with the Edge Properties in Mocha (which defaults to the value of 3). But trying to decrease this value it doesn’t influence the edge width that’s imported into AFX. Do I need to set this value BEFORE I do the actual rotoing? The manual isn’t very clear about this.
And how can I export All Shapes to use with Shake? It seems that I only get the opportunity to export one layer at the time? Is it better to use the Export Rendered Shapes instead, using the matte only?
Thanks.
Best,
-terje

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I’ve experimented with different settings, but from my point of view none of these results in a predictable import in AFX. I really would like to have the AFX shape match what I do in Mocha. I’ve also tried to turn the edge off in the shape effect itself. I must be doing something wrong? But what?

I enclose two pictures showing the mask in Mocha and the import in AFX.

Thanks.

-terje