Mocha VR Causing Multiple Crashes :(

Hi there! I’m really hoping someone can help as I’m a day late to deliver a movie. Unfortunately all day yesterday I was experiencing lots of memory errors and Premiere has been crashing. Looks like Mocha VR plugin is the culprit, I’ve checked the error logs. I’ve increased my virtual memory from ~8000MB to 40,000MB and this helped while editing, but when I try to export, Premiere crashes halfway through. I tried to export with GPU acceleration turned off, and I made it to 82%. Any suggestions to help? I’m running i7 6700 CPU, GTX 1070 GPU, 16GB RAM on Windows 10, 64 bit. Maybe I can tweak some settings in Mocha? I have the latest updated version.

If you are in a real crunch… Render the FX that have mocha out to QT brings those back in.

Remove mocha.
Finish your movie.
Deliver.

Consider reinstall.

Good luck.

Tal

You are receiving this email via my mobile device. Please excuse any spelling errors, sentence fragments, repetitive phrases, typos, grammar mishaps, etc. Please know that I probably talked to the phone and Siri doesn’t understand my English…or Hebrew. Sent from my iPhone 10

Try to optimize your tasks in mocha too. In removes, use cleanplates exclusively OR increase your step and decrease frames before and after. Which mocha module effects are taking a processing hit for you?

What do you mean by increase steps and decrease frames before and after?
I’m fairly new to Mocha VR, so I’m unfamiliar with all of the terminology,
but I’ve had it work fine up until now. I’m tracking a single object in
each of the clips. I’m using it for only reorient. Thanks!

Frames before and frames after only matters in removes. Not reorients.

So if you’re just using reorient, it should go pretty fast. Can you try turning off GPU tracking in mocha preferences and checking the checkbox “disable offscreen buffers?” You also may want to try clearing your cache, this helps with a lot of odd, inconsistent errors. See if that fixes your issue and let me know.

Last thing I did was delete all cache files from each clip containing the
Mocha plugin before attempting to export again. Neal on your website’s
instant chat support recommended I do this. All this did was increase my
export time from an eta of 3 hrs to an eta of 10 hrs, and it just crashed
again a bit ago, about 8 hours into the export, at 81% competition which is
the same place it crashed at the time before. I will try turning off GPU
tracking in Mocha preferences, and check the disable offscreen buffers box
as you just mentioned, but I’m really nervous that this won’t work and my
client is getting impatient. Is there anything else I can do? Can someone
at Mocha do a screen share and diagnose and see if they can catch something
that I’m missing? The project file is 245GB so it’s a little large to
upload and send your way, plus you wouldn’t be using the same hardware as
me so it might not help. Anything else you can suggest that I try?

Boris

Remember, I’m not having an issue with Mocha doing the tracking, it finished tracking and has successfully reoriented all of my footage. I am having an issue with Premiere Pro crashing because of Mocha VR plugin during export. You can see the error log attached.

whoops, won’t let me attach so I’ll paste:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2017-09-18 3:43:27 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-AV1ED3D
Description:
Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 11.1.2.22, time stamp: 0x592e1ca1
Fversion: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x598a9185
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000005edd07
Faulting process id: 0x3494
Faulting application start time: 0x01d330c5f9d5c3b2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Imagineer Systems\mocha VR Plugin V5\mochaVRPlug.dll
Report Id: 202c201d-6d31-4d66-950b-689256c17771
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
DESKTOP-AV1ED3D

Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
592e1ca1
mochaVRPlug.dll
598a9185
c0000005
00000000005edd07
01d330c5f9d5c3b2
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Imagineer Systems\mocha VR Plugin V5\mochaVRPlug.dll
202c201d-6d31-4d66-950b-689256c17771

I know you are not tracking, but sometimes the GPU causes problems in general, checking disable offscreen buffers, for example, changes how the data is processed and may fix your issue.

Can you also send me your mocha log file? (Just the last part before the crash is fine, not the whole thing). That might also shed some illumination on what is happening here. It can be found by going to mocha>help>view log.

Let me know?

Cheers,
Mary

So I tried exporting the same sequence again after making some adjustments,
and it again crashes at around 83%. This is while exporting using Premiere,
as Adobe Media Encoder still won’t get past 10 seconds into the export
without freezing. I even upgraded my RAM to 32GB, so I’m confident RAM
isn’t the issue, I check Task Manager and now only 50% RAM is used during
export.

Please advise!

Boris

Here’s the most recent crash event log from Windows tonight at 10:27:51 PM:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 11.1.2.22, time
stamp: 0x592e1ca1
Faulting module name: mochaVRPlug.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:
0x598a9185
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000005edd07
Faulting process id: 0x4284
Faulting application start time: 0x01d335b5e39ef83a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC
2017\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program
Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Imagineer Systems\mocha VR Plugin
V5\mochaVRPlug.dll
Report Id: f62ee1c4-31b2-47da-8233-6ee05b42667d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Here’s the Mocha event log which doesn’t seem to show anything unusual:

Sep 24 22:27:48 (mochaVRPlug) [Project manager] Set RelativeOutputDirectory
to ‘results’
Sep 24 22:27:48 (mochaVRPlug) [Command manager] Created with history size
Sep 24 22:27:49 (mochaVRPlug) Creating SOFTWARE offscreen render context

Sep 24 22:43:00 (mochaVR) Commenced logging at Sun Sep 24 22:43:00 2017
Sep 24 22:43:00 (mochaVR) Build Date Aug 9 2017
Sep 24 22:43:00 (mochaVR) Version 5.5.2 build 13566 win_x86_64.
Sep 24 22:43:00 (mochaVR) Windows 10 64-bit
Sep 24 22:43:00 (mochaVR) Checking out feature mochavr.soho
Sep 24 22:43:00 (mochaVR) Checking out feature mochavr.track
Sep 24 22:43:00 (mochaVR) Checking out feature mochavr.image

Have you logged this issue with the support team?
https://borisfx.com/support/open-a-case/

If you are in a pinch, you can render the reorient inside Mocha VR interface, than go to file>export rendered clip.

Unfortunately I cannot. When I go into export rendered clip, the only item
from the dropdown menu that I can select is shape, I don’t see reorient in
there. I’ve spoken with the chat support on the Borisfx page and I thought
he opened a support case for me but I never got any follow-up. I will open
a case now.

If you are in the Mocha VR plug-in (or standalone) you would choose render forward while in the Reorient module.
Once rendered, go to file>export rendered clip. See image.

Another option to try and get past this is send this part of your Premiere timeline to AE and render from there. Just trying to help until support team gets to it. Please let me know when you did the web chat and who it was with.

here is the export render clip:

Hey Ross, thanks for letting me know, I didn’t “render forward” when in reorient as I wasn’t aware I needed to do this before exporting. I will try now. I’ve submitted my claim to support. I spoke with Neal on chat and it was towards the end of last week.

What compression type in compression settings shall I choose since I don’t see ProRes or Cineform there?

You don’t normally need to render forward, this is a workaround because your render is crashing in Premiere. You will want to use any compression setting you like from the dropdown menu, or for as little loss of quality as possible you can render out an image sequence instead. It depends on your needs.

This would be up to you. You could always choose Animation OR Sequential files to keep the quality high as possible.
Sorry this is a temporary workaround. Obviously rendering in Premiere is working for many users. Need to try and get to the bottom of what is happening for you.

I had problems with the Adobe plugin I could not solve in Premier Pro (P.Pro) because I found a license problem I discovered when switching between one PC to another using the Help/Licensing procedure in the mocha plugin, then Next to the Activation section. At the top I discovered “Licensing expired”. While expired, I noticed no action or abnormal attempts to render in P.Pro by checking the mocha render box. I was able to use the work around by rendering the whole clip in mocha then exporting mocha to a TIFF file where I could import the TIFF frames back into Premier Pro (P.Pro) as a sequence. The license problem I experienced is being solved using a new license product in the next upgrade.

I realize you are in a rush to deliver the movie. It may have been better to trouble shoot by breaking the video into separate sections as required then recombining in the final export to identify where the problem exists.