MochaPro and ProRes

Should Mocha Pro be able to read ProRes 4444 files? I can’t get the standalone on Linux to recognize them. I thought I had done this is the past.

Thanks,
Brian

Hey Brian,

I can confirm that on the Mac version of MP 2019.5, that ProRes 4444 is supported.

KPM

You have to have quicktime installed to read quicktime files, Mocha doesn’t process them on it’s own. Further, you need the proper codecs installed for the codecs you are trying to read.

ProRes works fine in Nuke, Flame, and Resolve. If I try to open it in Mocha it says “The file is corrupted or in an unsupported format. Please visit the media support page: http://imagineersystems.com/support/imageio” That link gives "404 Not Found We were unable to find the page you were looking for.” Is it possible to use ProRes in Mocha Pro on Linux? Is there anything extra that needs to be done?

Thanks,

Brian

Do you have Quicktime installed? Mocha has to have Quicktime on the machine to process .MOV files properly. Those other programs you listed have their own image processing built in and we are moving away from Quicktime dependency going forward, but are not there yet.