Morph in silhouette 2020.05 not working

Hello,

I am new in Silhouette, and I bought all the course on BorisFX web site. In the Mastering-Silhouette-Part-One/13 Morph course, I discover that the example wasn’t working. I try with my personnal footage and it’s the same. I follow the training on BorisFX web site about morph too.

First when I put the link between the 2 splines, I have the 2 small circles but I don’t see the yellow lines. My splines stay blue and red.

When I go to the view: Output and in the Node I change the Distortion value, on some example nearly nothing happen or only a small part of the morph move only in the left direction.

I have AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
RAM 256 Go
Windows 10 professionnal 64bits version 20H2 version 19042.928
Quadro P5000
screen definition 1920*1080 (HP Z22i)

Can you help me, I bought this software especialy to do morphing…

Best regards,

Olivier G

It sounds like you haven’t connected the shapes using the Correspondence tool.

1. Select the Correspondence (C) tool in the Toolbar.
  2. Click the source shape and drag a line to the target shape.
  3. When the cursor is over the target shape, release the mouse button to join the shapes.
  4. To add additional correspondence points, Alt-click on either the source or target shape.
    Once you follow these steps, you will see the yellow correspondence lines.
1 Like

Hello,

I add an additional correspondence points and it work out just fine.

I don’t understand why I need to add this additional correspondence points but it’s working with all the files I try out. This solution is fine for me.

Thank you Marco,

Best regards,

Olivier G

@Olivier.G The Correspondence mesh previously appeared with only one point and for some reason, two points are now needed. We’ll see if that can be changed so that one point will show the mesh as before. However, you really need to add more than one point with proper placement to achieve an accurate result.