Motion blur on remove module

Hi,
I am trying to insert a logo onto a moving wall using this workflow:
Take clean plate of 1 frame of the wall into photoshop to create logo then use the remove module to import that clean plate and comp it over tracked wall. The only problem I am having is matching motion blur of the background, I can’t see an option to add motion blur to the whole layer, just the edges. There is an option in the insert module but not the remove module.
cheers for any help
gerry

Hi,
I am trying to insert a logo onto a moving wall using this workflow:
Take clean plate of 1 frame of the wall into photoshop to create logo then use the remove module to import that clean plate and comp it over tracked wall. The only problem I am having is matching motion blur of the background, I can’t see an option to add motion blur to the whole layer, just the edges. There is an option in the insert module but not the remove module.
cheers for any help
gerry

Thanks for the speedy reply. Is there a way to reset the surface tool to the four corners other than by eye?

Thanks for the speedy reply. Is there a way to reset the surface tool to the four corners other than by eye?

that’s great, really helpful thanks.

that’s great, really helpful thanks.

Hi there,

The best workflow for this is actually using the insert tool, not the remove tool, as that will match the motion blur. Remove only matches motion blur when it is pulling pixels from motion blurred frames.

So take your frame, set the surface tool to the corners of the frame, make some roto around where you’d like roto for the sign, attach that to the track you were using for the remove, check motion blur on in the insert tab and make sure you tell the insert tab to use your roto, and then hit render.

That should work much better for a replacement.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,
The best workflow for this is actually using the insert tool, not the remove tool, as that will match the motion blur. Remove only matches motion blur when it is pulling pixels from motion blurred frames.
So take your frame, set the surface tool to the corners of the frame, make some roto around where you’d like roto for the sign, attach that to the track you were using for the remove, check motion blur on in the insert tab and make sure you tell the insert tab to use your roto, and then hit render.
That should work much better for a replacement.
Cheers,
Mary

If you select layer and than “align surface” it will set the surface to the 4 corners of the screen.
In mocha Pro Insert Module, there is also RIO (region of interest) that allows you to scale the source graphic within the surface.
Best,
Ross

If you select layer and than “align surface” it will set the surface to the 4 corners of the screen.

In mocha Pro Insert Module, there is also RIO (region of interest) that allows you to scale the source graphic within the surface.

Best,
Ross