Motion blur problem in mocha

Hi dudes

Have you wondered why you get errors rendering a motion blur in your roto projects using mocha. I have just discovered a while ago that if you use a single core, or dual core cpu using windows xp 32 bit. you wont get errors rendering a motion blur, but if u have a quad cpu then that is the heck you will get errors rendering a motion blur in mocha using windows xp 32bit. I tried using a windows 64bit then the problem is solved no more errors on the motion blurs. but if you have a quad cpu again using windows vista 64bit you will get same error like the 32bit windows. i mean why the heck is this happening? so for safe rendering of motion blurs you have to render it using windows 64bit.

I hope in your next version you will optimize your software because it wont help any good for those who are new using the software. I notice mocha is not yet 64bit so that means it wont use all the ram on my system using a 64bit windows vista. If you try to ram preview your rotoscoping with high resolution material such as HD 1080p or 2k of 500frames it will get display and crazy errors once the ram it can use will be full. this is really a mess because if you happen not to save back ups every 30 seconds of hard roto then that means you will be doing again the job from the start. once the error occurs you wont see the splines anymore at the worse case scenario.

Again it is not multi threaded also. it wont use my 4 cores on the cpu. it will only use one core as active. so setting it on the task manager and set to highest priority will help a bit push the rendering at its fullest. but if this will just be multi threading then it could speed up realtime previews and rendering of mattes using very large 2k or 4k resolutions. These are the most important features that i have been expecting for mocha in its next release and i know most users will benefit about it as this is already implemented by silhoutte roto long ago as the fastest roto tool to render high res footage. Mocha is good but there still to be improved if you just happen to look at an artists inner thoughts of working high res plates, workflows, and expectations of compositing that it can use its fullest hardware.

On the tools view, it will be useful to include a circle and square spline. these are very helpful in cropping subtractions of black borders on the shots. In the layers panel there are still a lot to improve. A grouping of layers is very important. Options for turning the layers eye on those will have to appear consistent during rendering so that you wont check it again, it is very hassle to check again what layers i need to render as a matte. so an option for having only those eyes for the layer turned on will be the only to render as the final matte. The curve editor is also a heck of mess. The display view is also a mess dragging one whole xspline wont to any good so slow to move. Please improve your use of the latest GPU open gl cards today. it is more powerful that can quickly displays an image or spline moves on the fly.

can anyone confirm what will be the next fixes and features of mocha on its next release?

thanks

Thanks for all your suggestions and feedback. I agree with many of your suggestions and have noted them in for feature requests.
Best,
Ross

—Quote (Originally by Francis)—
Hi dudes

Have you wondered why you get errors rendering a motion blur in your roto projects using mocha. I have just discovered a while ago that if you use a single core, or dual core cpu using windows xp 32 bit. you wont get errors rendering a motion blur, but if u have a quad cpu then that is the heck you will get errors rendering a motion blur in mocha using windows xp 32bit. I tried using a windows 64bit then the problem is solved no more errors on the motion blurs. but if you have a quad cpu again using windows vista 64bit you will get same error like the 32bit windows. i mean why the heck is this happening? so for safe rendering of motion blurs you have to render it using windows 64bit.

I hope in your next version you will optimize your software because it wont help any good for those who are new using the software. I notice mocha is not yet 64bit so that means it wont use all the ram on my system using a 64bit windows vista. If you try to ram preview your rotoscoping with high resolution material such as HD 1080p or 2k of 500frames it will get display and crazy errors once the ram it can use will be full. this is really a mess because if you happen not to save back ups every 30 seconds of hard roto then that means you will be doing again the job from the start. once the error occurs you wont see the splines anymore at the worse case scenario.

Again it is not multi threaded also. it wont use my 4 cores on the cpu. it will only use one core as active. so setting it on the task manager and set to highest priority will help a bit push the rendering at its fullest. but if this will just be multi threading then it could speed up realtime previews and rendering of mattes using very large 2k or 4k resolutions. These are the most important features that i have been expecting for mocha in its next release and i know most users will benefit about it as this is already implemented by silhoutte roto long ago as the fastest roto tool to render high res footage. Mocha is good but there still to be improved if you just happen to look at an artists inner thoughts of working high res plates, workflows, and expectations of compositing that it can use its fullest hardware.

On the tools view, it will be useful to include a circle and square spline. these are very helpful in cropping subtractions of black borders on the shots. In the layers panel there are still a lot to improve. A grouping of layers is very important. Options for turning the layers eye on those will have to appear consistent during rendering so that you wont check it again, it is very hassle to check again what layers i need to render as a matte. so an option for having only those eyes for the layer turned on will be the only to render as the final matte. The curve editor is also a heck of mess. The display view is also a mess dragging one whole xspline wont to any good so slow to move. Please improve your use of the latest GPU open gl cards today. it is more powerful that can quickly displays an image or spline moves on the fly.

can anyone confirm what will be the next fixes and features of mocha on its next release?

thanks
—End Quote—